6.12.2009

Super simple...

First off, Amy Tsuruta is the recipient of my Cuppie Cake Friday cards... Amy, please email me your snail mail!!

Now, this super simple card is being shown today because my mojo has gone missing, and I have nothing new to show you! Bonus... this counts for one of my Christmas Club cards for Paper Wings!!

He is pretty cute, though. I stamped the sentiment and snowman from Hello Snow with Noir Palette in and water-colored him with my Lyra AquaColor crayons & Niji waterbrush. I stamped the snowy swirl from Ready Set Snow in VersaMark on the Basic Blue background, and Seascape Palette on the White UltraSmooth panel.

Tip of the Day:
I used a cheater-knot on this card. I taped a small length of gingham ribbon on the back of the panel and then tied a knot after-the-fact. This way, you can slide the knot along the ribbon until it looks like it is in the right spot :)

I finished him off with a little bit o' Icicle Stickles on part of his hat and on the ground. Done!

What do you think?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute card! Simple but elegant!

Danni said...

I really like this!! Very classy!

Sally Taylor said...

very cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little snow dude!

Christina

Anna said...

Sometimes simple is wonderful! Like it allows me to noice now nicely you've shadowed him, and the tie!

Bridgett Owens said...

Not to sound corny but snowmen melt my heart! I absolutely love this card and it's blue!!! Can't get any better than that!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Lisadwb said...

Even when your mojo is gone you still ROCK!! Love the snowman.

AmethystCat said...

awesome! love the glittery snow!

LadybugSue said...

So cute and simple. At least you made something with a missing mojo!
When I quit smoking I lost it for
2 years.

~amy~ said...

super sweet card!!

woot woot for me and winning your cuppie cake friday card!!!! I'm off to email you :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

He is so cute. Looks like he is holding his arms out for a big hug!