6.05.2009

Cuppie Cake Friday!!

Can I just say:
O
.....
M
.....
G
.....

!!!

I am so excited to report that I have been selected as The Featured Cupcake Sampler of the week over at Taylored Expressions!! I know, I know... I can't believe it either :) Taylor liked my first TECC challenge card from a couple of weeks ago and asked me to create a little sumpin' sumpin' for her to post today! Thanks, Taylor... it was so much fun!

She sent me a couple of cute cuppies to play with, along with today's TECC71 sketch. I created two cards because the first one strayed WAY too far from the sketch :) If you look REALLY hard, you can see it underneath all of the schtuff, and rotated... I just kept layering the fun stuff! I have been coloring and Stickle-ing a lot lately, and this image was no exception!

Me likey :)

The "cupcakes make life sweet" one is much simpler, and you can totally see the sketch :) It looks much lighter and daintier...

Stamps: For the Love of Cupcakes (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Lilly Anna SWIC & Cardstock, White UltraSmooth cs
Ink: Toile Pink Pal
ette (edging)
Colorant: Prismacolors & mineral oil blending
Other: Crystal Stickles, Lemonade Blossoms & Buttons, White Scrapper's Floss, Heidi Swapp Floral, MM flowers, Cupcake & Limeade Paper Posies, dotted swiss fabric, misc. ribbon & rickrak, sewing machine, foam tape

I found the remnant of dotted swiss at Hobby Lobby... it reminds me of mama's sewing room when I was a little girl. Her room was stacked to ceiling with all kinds of wonderful fabric & doo-dads and I LOVED playing in there. I remember being a gypsy for Halloween countless times... it was easy to outfit that costume from her fabric stash and never look the same two years in a row!!

Whew... sorry... a little trip down memory lane :)

I hope you decide to play along with this week's Cupcake Challenge.


In fact, if you DO play along and upload to Taylor's blog, come back here and leave a comment with your blog address and I'll have a little drawing of my own for the two cards posted here today!

And check this out... both of these cards qualify for 365 Cards: Day 96 - Fun with Fabric challenge! Woo hoo! So, if you play along with the 365 Cards fabric challenge and leave me a comment with your blog address, you'll be entered in the drawing for these cards, too!

I'll draw a name next Wednesday night when my Stamp Club girls are over, so linky up by then!!

And once again, Taylor, thanks so much for asking me to be a part of Cupcake Friday!!!

What do you think?!


24 comments:

Stephanie Hargis said...

These are too cute Barb! I just LOVE how they turned out! I love the SCHTUFF on it! :D Hehe. Congratulations on being this week's featured sampler! You rocked it!

Karen Giron said...

Wow Barb!! These cards are just amazing!! Look at all that yummyness going on - love the layers and texture and the coloring on your cupcakes is beautiful! Nice job on the sketch!

Chris said...

Love them both...it was just a matter of time for you to be "discovered" - you are so talented!!

I love how you can grab anything and make it work...loved the memories behind the dotted fabric.

Sarah G. said...

Oh, Barb!! That is so awesome that she contacted you. Both cards are amazing.

Jami said...

Both of your cards are darling! Love the use of fabric and all the schtuff!!! Super sweet!

Michelle said...

WhooHooo, Congrats Barb!! Both of your cards are fantastic!! I love all the layers of schtuff - that's what makes them AWESOME!

Danni said...

YAY!! Congrats! How totally awesome!!
Love your card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Congrats on being the Featured Cupcake Stamper today!!! Your cards are gorgeous!!! I love what you've done with the Sketch!!!

Have a great weekend!!! ~S~

Bridgett Owens said...

oooh! I love it all! You did awesome!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic cards Barb! Love your coloring! Great embellishments! TFS! Congrats on being the Featured Stamper. :o)

Laurie said...

Look at you! My favortie stamper girl! So proud! I love the cards!!! Absolutley adorable!!! Congrats! See you soon! ;)

Anna said...

Well, how cool for you! Congrats! Those two cards are darling! I love those images!

~amy~ said...

woot woot barb!!! How absolutely fabulous...EXCELLENT card...I love it!!

Donna Baker said...

congratulations on being Featured Cupcake Sampler! Your cards are super frilly and special! I adore the card you made that caught Taylor's eyes - wow!

Angela K said...

WHoooo!! Congratulations!!! These cards are so sweet! Great job!! So happy for you!!

KellyRae said...

Congrats Barb! Love the cards and we know you don't stay within the sketch ever...you ALWAYS stretch it to fit YOUR boundaries...lol.

Debra Hensley said...

Way to go Barb!! Both cards are fantastic! You are such a talent and inspiration!! Hugs!

Chelsea said...

just gorgeous! I love the way that you colored the cupcakes!!!

Chelsea said...

just gorgeous! I love the way that you colored the cupcakes!!!

Anonymous said...

These look so delicious! rita w

Beth Norman said...

Oh my this is soooooooooo gorgeous. No wonder Taylor likes your work. How special to be featured on her blog. I love how you put this card together. Awesome work.

Taylor said...

Both of your cards are sooooo cute, Barb! I love all the details you added to each one and that swiss dot fabric is yuuuuuumy! Thanks so much for featuring the sketch this week!

Jen Carter said...

Barb, you are just so super creative! Love the first card especially!! Your coloring is awesome!!

Sonia said...

Great colors, love it!
Both of your cards are fabulous!!

**Sony**