2.14.2010

Vintage Bookmark / Tag


I had stamped this lovely little flower image awhile back and it has been sitting on my to-do easel ever since.  It was a practice image for one of the samples I did for the new Serendipity, and I just couldn't let it go to waste :)  I colored the stamp with markers, spritz with water, and stamped.  I love this technique... the watercolor look without the watercolors!

Mama had crocheted a couple of these little flowers for me last summer and I am just now using one!  They are so cute and dainty.  I'm hoping she had time to make me some more while snowbirding in Texas :)  I got into my fabric & lace stash and of course more Scrapper's Floss... have I told you lately how much I LOVE Scrapper's Floss?

Stamps:  Watercolor Plants
Paper:  Kraft, Monochromatic Purples & Greens cardstocks
Ink:  Tombow markers, Burnt Umber Palette
Other:  Lilly Anna Hardware, EK Success border punch, fabric & trims, White Scrapper's Floss, Tim Holtz's Mini Attacher, button, crocheted flower from Mama :)
 
What do you think?

6 comments:

LadybugSue said...

so vintage and lovely...

Christine Pennington said...

fun! i am making crocheted flowers too. i seen a card with them and thought it would be fun. :)

Laurie Unger said...

I love it! That little crocheted flower is darling! I wonder if I remember how to do that? Time to get the crochet hook out and see. Great bookmark all the way around!

Amy Kolling said...

I love that watercolor technique! I need to use it more often....the results are stunning!

Linda aka Oz said...

What do I think, I think it is delightfully shabby chic! Oz

Percy said...

Love it! the little flower is gorgeous! TFS.