2.01.2010

Oh what a weekend...


Okay, so Amy and I are driving along Friday morning, on our way to Laurie's house for a bit of stamping fun with Jen & Bren (wow... that sounds like a nursery story or something).  ANYWAY, once we get to Emporia, I (being the navigational ree ree that I am) somehow ended up on the wrong 2-lane highway.  No biggie, right... I mean it still leads to the right town eventually, it's just a different way... yeah, ok.  Little did we know, THAT particular highway is a favorite of semi-trucks... and not just a few... we were sandwiched within a dozen or so in some truck convoy headed west.


Let's throw another little wrench into the mix, shall we?  Just before Emporia, the snow started coming down pretty good... AND a nice little blustery wind decided to join the party.  Now, on this small highway, there are these lane sections every once in awhile for semi's to veer off to so that "faster" traffic can whiz on by.  Well... the dude in front of me was more than happy to oblige... nice right?  NotSoMuch... since the extra lanes were not plowed, all it did was throw more crap up in my windshield, further blinding us.  Did I mention you couldn't tell where any lines were?  30 mph?  Yeah.  I know.  It sucked... and NOT in a good way.


WELL, the 3-1/2 hour trip from Topeka was SO worth it :)  We had a great time once we got there!  Stamping, chit chat, a little alcohol, and loads of laughter were EXACTLY what we needed!  Did you see the CA-YOOT cards we made?!  We decided to each bring a shoebox project for everyone just in case the mojo wasn't flowing.  You've seen the card project I brought before... it was the Happy Heart Day rock-n-roll jobbie.

I've always loved doing shoebox swaps... it gives you a chance to  work with stuff you might not have, use techniques you might not know, and gives you design ideas about which you might not have thought.   

This bunny card was one that I watercolored while I was there.  This stamp was one that I bought a LONG time ago... pre-TAC :)  I've always loved it... I can't remember who made it... Art Impressions maybe?  My favorite is that cute aqua bunny... look at that face!

And now, I'll leave you with this...

...a nice row of bunny butts

:) 

That's just how I roll.

What do you think?
.

13 comments:

Jen Carter said...

The rabbit card turned out soooo cute! Love that ribbon on it too!

Amy Kolling said...

Barb--Had so much fun on the trip even though it took longer than we expected!! :) Enjoyed the company, chit chat, and your shoebox swap!! This bunny card is just fabulous......your coloring ROCKS!!

Laurie said...

Ok you are coming back this weekend right? I miss you all already!! LOVE how the bunny card came out! So cute! It was so much fun to work on those swaps! So glad you were here!

Christine Pennington said...

All of the cards are way cute! I am so jealous--sounds like you all had a great time. Thanks for the laugh on your post--I love how you tell it how it was Barb. Thanks for sharing all the cards.

Laurie Unger said...

These are all flippin cute!!! Glad you made it safe with all those semi's and blowin snow in your way! Alcohol was definitely in order after that!!!

Trudy Osborn said...

Sounds like sooo much fun...wish I could have been there to be in on some of that fun!

Suzanne said...

You are hysterical my friend! The cards are fantastic as always! I need a stamping day where somene else provides the mojo! Wish I could schedule an angel gathering! Ahhh after the boys basketball playoffs I suppose!

Micki said...

Wow, I love the cards, but totally am in love with the Happy Easter bunny card :-). I love it. So clean & elegant and love your coloring (colored pencil & gamsol??). Beautiful.... and thank you for your sweet comment...

hugs

Angela K said...

Wonderful as always!! Sounds like a great weekend of fun, glad you made it there safe after your adventure on the road!!
PS Love everyones projects very, very nice!!

Michelle said...

all of them are so cute! Sounds like the trip down was as much fun as the weekend!! Boy, what I wouldn't give for some stamping, laughter, chit chat and alcohol right about now...

KellyRae said...

Pure Barb all the way. Love the bunny card, especially the butts. Glad you had fun and finally arrived safely. What I wouldn't give to have a rubber social right now.

Kristen H said...

Those bunnies are the best!!! I love them!!!

Sarah G. said...

Sounds like you all had a blast! How fun!! Sorry the roads and weather was crummy...not fun. I love all the cards you made, but especially love the bunny card!