9.07.2009

Jolly Happy Soulman...

 
Whew... finished indexing and cutting out my stamps this weekend so I could play!  How's this for an uber-cute & simple Holiday card?!  Don't you just love that old school page-boy style hat? :)  

I KNOW!

After I had finished coloring this cayootie patootie, I just wanted him to be center-stage... so no other cardstock or patterned paper.  I did add just a bit o' oomph by embossing a few score lines to frame the sentiment.


How's about those loverly glittery pink wings?  :)  They make me smile.

Stamps:  Merriest Wishes

Paper:  White UltraSmooth cardstock

Ink:  Noir Palette

Other:  Scor-Pal, Crystal Stickles, Prismacolors w/ mineral oil

How's that for a SHORT list o' supplies?!  I'm thinking this would make a really cute place card... just down-size it a bit, maybe cut him out from the bottom of the wings up, and score at that point so that he would pop up above the fold line... OMG, how cute... if only I had formal holiday dinners!

What do you think?!

15 comments:

Patti J. said...

Well, girl! Now you have a good reason to have a holiday party. It could be a girls night out!!! Great card - I love this little guy, he's been on my wishie listie! Have a good day...TFS!

Teresa Jenkins said...

So dang cute! I love all the sparkles too!

LadybugSue said...

I love him and the stamp set, I love the placecard idea too. I really have to try the scorelines thingy on a card or 2. Love that!

Jen Carter said...

Ahhh, so cute! The scor-pal lines add just the right touch too! And I LOVE all the sparkle!!

Debra Hensley said...

I just got this set myself and have yet to play with it- love what youd did with it. The simplicity is perfect- he is so cute!!

Sandy said...

Barb, your coloring is sooooo beautiful! LOVE IT!

Anna said...

Super cute, Barb! Love how you scored it!

AmethystCat said...

super duper fab!

Lisadwb said...

Awww, how cute is that!! Love the wings!

Christina said...

Very cute! love all that sparkle!

Trudy Osborn said...

This is fantastic! I don't think a have seen a better one layer card. Your coloring is fantastic. I am definitely going to have to case this!

Suzanne said...

You make freakin' fantastic cards but I have to say that this is my most favorite ever!!!

Sharon said...

This is so cute. I love the colors

Sonia said...

Love the colors of the these little snowman. =)

Laurie said...

This is amazing! The coloring and shading is so perfect! LOVE IT!