9.14.2009

Have a Beary Christmas...

Pretty cute, huh?  Don't you love that bear's tushy... he makes me smile.

:)

See?

I'm still totally behind in my holiday card-making... it is kinda hard to think about Christmas cards when Fall is in the air (well, soon to be) and all I see is black, orange, green & purple :)



Anyway, back to beary.  I masked off the 'merry' from the Christmas sentiment and then masked off the beary sentiment and stamped.  My masks of choice?  Mini post-it notes.  Yep.  Cover the unvwanted part of the stamp image, ink it up, remove the post-it, and stamp.


Stamps:  Bears & Bubbles, Thinking of You (Hostess Level C)


Paper:  DCWV scallop matchbook card bases, Black & misc. grey cardstocks, kraft packing paper


Ink:  Noir Palette


Other:  Black & white ribbon, White Scrapper's Floss, Stardust glitter pen, PTI button, Scor-Pal w/ Scor-Bug & sanding block


I managed to get six of these babies done... man... how many do I still need to do?!!!


What do you think?
.

14 comments:

Kim said...

Super cute Barb... I love the brown & periwinkle and the clever take with the sentiment!I was planning on doing some holiday cards with this little guy too!

Chris said...

You are so smart...I always try and use my thumb to wipe it clean and end up with a shadow. :)

PS. I likey, I likey!!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet fun card, no spiders on him ;) I love how you masked the saying to make it your own, toooo cute!!!

LadybugSue said...

I really love this card and the color is cool, anything goes for Christmas now...
Very pretty!

Michelle said...

I think they are CA-UTE!! Love your coloring on the bear - he appears so fuzzy wuzzy!! And LOVE how you scor bugged around the ribbon - FAB-U-LOUS!!!! I hope I'm on your Christmas card list :o)

Jen Carter said...

I love it! So adorable!!

Danni said...

These are just too adorable!! Love them!

Suzanne said...

Great card! I really like the scalloped edge!

Suzanne said...

Great card! I really like the scalloped edge!

Sandy said...

So Adorable! Who wouldn't want to receive that cuteness?

Sandy said...

So Adorable! Who wouldn't want to receive that cuteness?

Christina said...

Awwwww! This is so cute!

AmethystCat said...

sooo darling! and great tip on the masking!

Anonymous said...

So very adorable! rita w