9.29.2009

Chubby Cherubs... can they really marry?

OMG... look, it's a card that isn't Christmas OR Halloween...
I'll wait for you to haul your tushie back up into your chair...
...
...


I've got my reservations about this one.  I wanted to break out of my only-coloring-with-pencil-&-mineral-oil box, so I grabbed my VersaMarker and shimmer chalks.  I thought this image needed just a touch of color, since I was going for the red & white thing, so I figured chalk would be my best bet. 


I'm thinking that the hair on these two cherubs are NOT working for me.  I'm diggin' all of the Stickles and the champagne colored veil... but that darn hair... me no likey. 

But look at those chubby pink legs!


I've GOT to get me this MS border punch!  Marilyn, from the Gardner Stamp Club girls, brought this bad boy for one of the cards she was teaching us to make... I'm lovin' it!  I added a few Scor-Bugged lines and a dot of Stickles in each of the big holes in the scallop border.  I really like how the sparkly dots show up on the inside of the card.


The image & sentiment are from one of the Stamp Stimulus promotions going on with TAC!  If this doesn't SCREAM love and Valentine's Day, I don't know what would ;)  Click HERE to see them all... pricing is fab! 


Stamps:  Love & Friendship
Paper:  White UltraSmooth, misc. red cardstock
Ink:  L'Amore Red Palette
Other:  MS border punch, Scor-Pal & Scor-Bug, VersaMarker, Shimmer Chalks, Pop Dots, White Lace & Crystal Stickles

As for the title of this post...

What do you think?
.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I really, really like it! I should be receiving this set soon. I can't wait!!

LadybugSue said...

This is sooo sweet and I am gaga over the glitter.

Christina said...

It's very pretty! I think the chubby little cherubs are cute! Married? I'm not gonna judge!

Danni said...

So sweet! What a wonderful card!

Michelle said...

I love how you make me look at stamps differently. I LOVE what you've done here - me very much likey and I wasn't very fond of that set to begin with!! You go girl - you are so uber talented!!

Lisadwb said...

You are totally rocking this one.

Trudy Osborn said...

This card is fabulous! I love how simple and elegant it looks. It is as perfect as I have come to expect from you.

Sonia said...

OMG!!!... Barb i love the image, i want that stamp! =)
I like every detail in this card.
AWESOME work!!!

**Sony**

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty card Barb! Love that heart image, the colors, the border punch... TFS!