5.06.2009

Tell me if you know this one...

"Well, I made the duck blue because I'd never seen a blue duck before and I wanted to see one." **Name that movie... {tic toc, tic toc, tic toc}

I kept hearing this over and over as I was making my Pink Bee... :) Isn't she cute? I hadn't seen one before, but I've been on a Blossoms & Buttons kick and I've got a ton of pink ones, so a pink bee it is! I created another B&B-loaded card for the June contest for TAC demos, and I can't wait to show you... but I'm holding out until I find out who won first {insert evil grin with raised eyebrow here} I might post a teaser before then, but I just don't know :)

I once again dove into my scrap pile... aren't you proud?! Even the tag base & ribbon were scraps. I might have gone a little Scrapper's Floss happy... I should buy stock in that stuff... me loves it! And that little dark burgundy 'button'... it's another thumbtack from the same pack as THIS blue one!

Stamps: Cute as a Bug (Serendipity Hostess Level A set)

Paper: Mimi SWIC and Cardstock, Ivory UltraSmooth cardstock

Ink: Burnt Umber & Belle Rose Palettes

I'm thinking this would be a cute tag for Mother's Day, baby shower, or a Spring bridal shower gift. It would be easy enough to make it a card instead, or just have the sentiment printed on the back of the tag. I just love that little uber-fat bee... this image is the main reason why I wanted this set!

I love the little bit o' glitter on the wings {ooooooo shiny!} And I love my Glue Dots... they are wonderful for those buttons! Well...

What do you think?
**btw... the movie was Billy Madison :)

8 comments:

Patti J. said...

Too cute! Love the little pink guy! And I'm crazy about buttons too! Great job!

Unknown said...

This is just amazing! Definitely girly!! Where do you come up with these great ideas!!

Anna said...

So pretty, Barb! No idea the movie, but the saying is something I've heard, so that means I've seen it. Gonna ponder it now all day, and not remember it! I love the pink bee! And all the touches on this one!

Bridgett Owens said...

I keep wondering how to make projects using my buttons because it's one embellishment I have always loved. Your project is super cute and shows me a wonderful way to feature my buttons!!! Now if only you could sprinkle some of your awesome talent on me maybe I could make something so pretty too!

Debra Hensley said...

Love it as always! Love the pink bee too- you always think outside the box so beautifully!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Barb! Your art is always amazing!

:-)

Trudy Osborn said...

AAAAHHH! Fab, fab, fabulous!!!! WOW

Kim said...

This is just BEE-UTIFUL!!! Luv'in the pink buzzzz....