5.30.2009

Haute Couture... rubber stamp style :)

Well, I dug into the "old" stamps and found this lovely from TAC's 2005 catty. Isn't she cool? I'm going to do one up all wedding style, too... because everyone deserves wedding couture :) I also stepped out of my comfort zone and used red!! Yes, Laurie W., I used red! Laurie rocks the red cardstock :) I have issues with red... I don't know why, but it is hard for me to work with.

I really lost myself in coloring this one and I really like how she came out. I used the Crimson Red Prismacolor pencil (mineral oil blending) and then went back over parts of it with black. I used Peach for her skin tone and a bit of brown on her back for a shadow. I did use a grey marker for the light shadow lines.

Stamps: Haute Couture (retired), Linear Sentiments (stars), This Girl ('diva')

Paper: Scarlet & Black basic cardstocks, Premium White CS

Ink: L'Amore Red & Noir Palettes, Moonlight White Brilliance, Frost Dazzle VersaMark

Other: Tombow gray marker, Prismacolors, Crystal Stickles, pop dots, Paper Studio big brad, misc. ribbon & jewel

And don't you love the Stickles?! I sooooooooooooo wish Stickles would photograph better, it looks a million times cooler in real life :) It is in the creases of her dress, as a diamond ring, a few dots on the stars, and all over the 'diva' star. I used the Frost Dazzle ink for a star in the upper left corner, but you can't really see it in the photos.


There is a jumbo chrome brad under the red 'diva' star that is holding the bow together. Is that ribbon not totally whack? I've had it forever and hadn't yet used it. I have decided that I need to get some more ribbons that are wider... like 1" wide or so. I love the look of the fatty ribbon (like on the cuppie cake card from this weekend).

What do you think?

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

good grief barb...this is fantabulous!

ScrappyPam said...

Gorgeous coloring work! Beautiful!

Kimberly said...

Wow this is gor-juss darlin' - absolutely gor-juss!

Sarah G. said...

Barb - this card is so cool! Her dress is just amazing!!

Chris said...

Wow...she is lovely in all of her divaness!! Barb - your coloring is masterful! Use red more often!! I love that star too, with the word diva in it. I have her in mini size and I've kept her too...it's a fun image!

Laurie said...

Ok Barb F. you did an amazing job with red cardstock. It is my favorite color you know!!! Make some more! It looks awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Another fantastic creation! Congrats on being on 365's Shoutout! rita w

Chaffin Channel said...

Un-freakin'-believable! You are a genious with that coloring. HANDS-DOWN my favorite card of yours. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say...I cannot wait to see the wedding dress version. Hey - I bet you could even do a spooky dress for Halloween!!

LadybugSue said...

I absolutely Love this card! It is so AWESOME. I need to live in KS near you so I can learn to color like you. I have prismapencils and mineral spirits, but adding the black and shadows, man that's cool.

Chelsea said...

great job on this card ... love all of the details and love your color combo!

Anna said...

Barb! Stunning!

suzann said...

with prom season around this would make a really great prom card, thats the first thing I thought of when I say it..great job as usual..

Angela K said...

Stunning!! I want to color like you when I grow up! :)

Kim said...

I agree with all of the above! This is sooo classy! The coloring on the dress is amazing... Luv the touchs of BLING!!! And that ribbon is to die for....