5.23.2009

FosterDesignHouse: first TECC...

Ok, so the fur-babies woke me up at 6:45am today! Yeah, on a holiday weekend... CRAZY, I know... their little internal clocks need a snooze button :)

With this extended weekend and the house to myself, I've been able to actually participate in a couple of blog challenges! This one is for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #69.

Once again, I grabbed this TAC stamp set that is no longer available... I can't help it... it's so cute! I used my trusty color pencils & mineral oil blending for the cuppie cake and paper pieced the holder.

Stamps: Sweet Thing (NLA), Linear Sentiments (dot border)
Colorant: Prismacolor Pencils with mineral oil blending
Other: Lime & Icicle Stickles, misc. ribbon & buttons, Pink Scrapper's Floss, White Gel Pen, foam tape

I had fun cutting and popping up several layers of the cuppie cake... the entire card front is up off the base as well. The white gel pen highlights the leaves & the pistols. I'm diggin' the huge bow, however the buttons are making the whole upper corner a bit weighty...



What do you think?

17 comments:

Laurie said...

I think it is fabulous! I love the diminsion in the background behind the cupcake. The sparkles are so fun and the layers on the cuppie cake are perfect! Great job as usual! ;)

~amy~ said...

whatta an absolutely delish card!!!

Kimberly said...

This is too cute!!! Love the dimension and sparkles on the cupcake and I love all the buttons!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend - hope the fur babies sleep in!!!

KellyRae said...

OMGosh! LOVE the card. Colors are gorgeous and I think the extra layers are awesome. The buttons and bows are what caught my eye especially. I think it's perfect!

Jessica Diedrich said...

What an ADORABLE card and great take on the sketch! I love the buttons-fabulous touch!

Chris said...

wow. The dimension didn't show on the SCS gallery - this is super! I love your coloring (I never know what color frosting is!) and those big highlights of white...F A B U L O U S!!

PS. Go take a nap! :)

Anna said...

OH! Super stinking cute! I love the row of buttons, and the cupcake is so pretty!

Kim said...

Wonderful card! Luv how you used the liner set and the shadows under the cupcake with the touch of glitter is perfect!

Patti J. said...

Oh my, I LOVE the buttons in the upper corner! Weighty or not, it is a fabulous card! That cuppy cake looks good enough to chomp on!

Vicki Hook said...

Barb, I am really bad about taking the time to click out of my google reader to comment on blogs - I'm always in a hurry it seems! But I HAVE to let you know that your work always AMAZES me! I simply love everything you post - you're truly an inspiration!

This card is no exception - it ROCKZ!

Teresa Kline said...

wowza, this fun cupcake is amazing......luv it, wish it was my birthday...hehehe!
enjoy*~*

Debra Hensley said...

Love it as always! It's a fun and happy card. YGG!!

LadybugSue said...

Love this card so much, have to get this set out and work it up!!

Michelle said...

BEAUTIFUL card - love the colors and all the sparkle!!! tooo CA-UTE!!

Trudy Osborn said...

YIKES!!! I can't say enough abou this one either! I love all the "extras" you put on this card, like the sparkle, paper piecing, and buttons, WOW!

Beth Norman said...

I'm having a wonderful time going through your blog. Found your card Taylor fell in love with. Consider me on the list of "lovin this." Awesome work.

LORi said...

WOW!!! Absolutely adorable!!! I have finally found someone who loves buttons as much as I!!

So nice to have found your wonderful blog!!

HUGS ~ LORi