12.18.2008

Doin' the Happy Dance... :)

Can I please get a 'WHOOP WHOOP'?! I am totally psyched... I won a TAC demonstrator-only contest!! CLICK HERE for the link to see all of this month's winners on TAC's website... mine is the Amelia Chocolate Abundance Tin in top left box!! This is such an honor... there are so many talented Angels, that's it's tough to win. FREE STAMPS! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME! :) Tonight, I'm going to show you my Reece Chocolate Abundance Tin.

Stamps: More Abundance, Joy of Christmas, Juliette Florals
Paper: Reece SWIC & cardstock

Ink: Burnt Umber & L'Amore Red Palette, VersaMark

Ribbon: Reece, Angelee, Hemingway, & misc. from stash, Brown Scrapper’s Floss
Other: Marvy's Giga Scallop Square, Marvy's ¾” & 1" Circle Punches, Crop-O-Dile II, Hydra Sponge, Pop Dots, foam tape, and an empty Godiva Pearls metal tin (yummy!)

I must say, that I had a mighty tasty time emptying that tin in order to alter it... Godiva chocolate is beyond decadent :)

The CDII was perfect for punching a hole in the top of the lid... just don't try to set an eyelet in there... it doesn't work & you'll torque the lid to where it doesn't want to close... TRUST ME. :) That's why I popped up a decorative circle for the ribbons to go up, around & through.

This tin is pretty tiny, and is perfect to hang on the Christmas Tree! Instead of making the little accordian abundance list, you could have family member write their own 'Abundance is...' on slips of paper every year on Christmas eve. Then later, when you're scrapbooking your Christmas photos, you can include these slips on your layout. How fun would this be every year?!


What do you think?!

13 comments:

Angela K said...

Fantastic!! Love this!!

Percy said...

Congratulations on winning the contest! I understand why, it is too cute!!! Enjoy your freebies!!! Merry Christmas!!!

AmethystCat said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a sweet and gorgeous project! love the whole idea. Love Godiva too so extra bonus for you. have fun shopping!

kssdesigns said...

What a great project. It's beautiful. You are really a talented crafter Barb! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I agree with the other comments! You are just greatly talented and congrats on your win! You deserve it!

Bridgett Owens said...

Congratulations! I saw your name as a winner in the TAC contest and I was like GO BARB! Woohoo!!! I am so excited for you!!! I hope you will let us know what stamps you are going to choose! Awesome project!! I love it!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Sarah said...

Congrats on winning!! Have fun picking out those stamps. :) I love this little tin project. The More Abundance stamp set is a lot of fun to use.

Sarah G.

nic_d said...

Way to go, Barb! You did a great job on this contest entry! Are you going to wait of the magalogue to come out? That's my plan!

Vicki Hook said...

Congratulations Barb - that is SO exciting! You're right, it's tough to win. But you deserve it! Have fun with your new goodies! :D

Anna said...

Woo hoo on winning! Loved your project too! I loved it! What'cha picking out?

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So cool!!!! Congrats Barb!

:-)

It's so beautiful.

~nance

Diana said...

My friend I was soooooooo excited when I read your name there and I was speachless when I see the project!! Is fantastic, I was on the phone with Jany and I was like you have to see what Bard did!! Congratulations and have fun with your new toys!!

Love,
Diana

Alley said...

Conngrats this is fabulous work. I am always amazed at what people can come up with.