10.20.2007

Saturday night and I'm where?

Yep, you guessed it! At home. The hubby is down at the American Royal helping out like the good little Shriner that he is! It's PBR night...no, not Pabst Blue Ribbon, but the Professional Bull Riders. It is a favorite event evidently (but not for me!).

Laurie and I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention (CKC), popped into Archiver's, then on to an At Home America (AHA) party, and finally to the Maple Leaf Festival in Baldwin... and all by 5pm! Yes, we are THAT good. I bought a few things at CKC for my Halloween scrapbook (that has yet to be started), some beautiful velvet papers that I plan on using for the covers of my next mini-albums, something for the babies' (dogs) pages, and some acrylic monogram letters. Got my freebies from Archiver's (I love coupons), ordered yet another pair of candle holders from AHA, but my favorite purchase of the day was at the Maple Leaf Festival... an awesome, grungy, primative-looking witches hat made of fabric, but has 'rust' all over it. It has to be that rusting solution that you can spray on anything and it will rust it... even paper. I can't remember the name, but that stuff is cool.

In case you don't know me, you must realize that Halloween is MY thing. I love it! Totally my favorite time & holiday of the year. Typically, I leave several Halloween decor items sprinkled throughout the house all year round... yes... freakshow. No, I'm not a goth chic (although I can't get a tan to save my life), I don't have black fingernail polish, and Marilyn Manson is just not for me. However, Halloween is the one time of year you can disguise yourself and pretend to be anything you want (or truely are!). It makes me feel like a kid again. I get to let go... maybe not to the point of frolicking, but you know what I'm sayin'.

My Halloween outfit of choice is a witch. I've got a huge cast-iron cauldron from my grandpa (that sucker stays out on the front stoop year round... man is it heavy). I've got rubber bats hanging in the tree, spider egg-sacks hanging from the eaves (thank you Martha Stewart for the instructions), ravens, a vulture or two, skelton hands, creepy black vines, spanish moss, and an 8'-6" tall mummy (made of teak wood, wire, paper mache, and cheesecloth). It sounds a bit trashy, but it really isn't! I love it all, baby! As soon as Blogger will let me upload a photo, I will.

Until then, I hope your Saturday night is far more eventful than mine!

No comments: