2.07.2009

Dusting, chalk, and a little missing mojo...

Ahhhhh... Saturday night... and I'm at home :) I just finished cleaning up the house, and Poot has agreed to mop the floors!! OMG... I know! I'll wait for you to pick yourself up off the floor...
...
...
I've been cleaning all weekend, and I even took everything off of all the shelves in my studio and dusted, vacuumed, and re-arranged! Oh... I'll wait again... :)
...
...
THAT took for freakin' evah!! I HATE dusting. It always seems to settle again in 5 minutes and doesn't look like you did anything... maybe it wouldn't do that if I dusted every other day? :)
On to the fun stuff! I so enjoyed the shoebox swaps we did in S.A. This big tag was cased off of a card that Barbara Crooks created for the swap.

I loved how she popped the sunflower up using Tutti Fruitti paper, as well as, how cute the image is when using the Jewel Tone Pearlescent Chalk set. The little girl image is from Fall Harvest from TAC's Fall Supplement, and the sentiment is from a Level A Hostess set Feel Better, and both were stamped with Noir Palette.

I feel as though my mojo has been missing as of late. Check out this card. I'm just not feelin' it. I tried introducing another color with the purple & orange and nothing was jiving. So I finished it and immediately put it away. Far away.

So it won't be staring at me...

mocking me.

Other: Orange Peel Stickles, Pop Dots, hole punch

What do you think about these?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way as you do about that dusting thing! Maybe you dusted away your mojo!! Hope it comes back soon. rita w ps - Your cards are terrific!

Diana said...

I love that Hotel Signs cards! In fact I was thinking if I should order or not, and now I WANT IT!! you're such a bad influence, lol!

Love,
Diana

Curious Curandera said...

The cards are fantastic!, Love them!

Unknown said...

Great hotel sign card! I've also been debating purchasing this set.

Ginger Serafin said...

I am with you on excitement over dusting!! You're too hard on yourself girl - I like your card.

Chaffin Channel said...

I, for one, love, love, love the vegas-style card. I need to get that stamp set. Do I already have it? I dunno.

I think your mojo is just fine!

AmethystCat said...

I watched Barbara putting that card design together and loved it. So nice to see it as a bag tag - awesome! and, the hotel card is fab. you're just being hard on yourself. If you need more to clean, pop on over to Manhappiness to take on my apartment - hee hee! :)

kssdesigns said...

Barb, you are so talented! You really make all these images sing. I love how inspiring your blog is!

Michelle said...

I just love your tag - and the close up using chalk - WOW gotta try that!

Your other card is cool too - I think we are always harder on ourselves. I see nothing wrong with it and I think anyone would love to get it in the mail!

Great job!