6.10.2010

Whoooo knew...

 ... that I have been slacking lately?!  I'm still not feeling creative... this is the longest creative slump I've been in for some time.  And this is the last of my 'spare' cards that I haven't shared, so enjoy it :)  Who knows when the mojo will return.


I am LOVING the Tim Holtz edge dies... how fabulous is the shape of this card front?!  I totally see using this die for a future handbag card, right?  I still need to figure out a foolproof way of using the die so that it is straight when it goes through the Big Shot... I've had so many that I can only use as mats because they had to be cut down.  Any ideas?


Stamps:  Be Square, Thinking of You (retired hostess set)
Paper:  white ultrasmooth, kraft, brown & random teal cardstocks
Other:  metal button, Tim Holtz edge die
Copics:  0, BV20, E53, E57, BG72, BG78


I love this owl... he's my 2nd favorite in the whole set.  Those itty bitty wings totally make me smile.
:)
See?

And are you guys hating the simple cards I've been doing lately?  I have a room full of schtuff and all of these cards lately have been foof-less!  What is the trend now, anyway?   
Foof or NO Foof?

What do you think?

19 comments:

Kimberly said...

I've always loved that little owl and you colored him perfectly. The edge die rocks!

Kim said...

How Fun! That edge die is sooo cool! You in a slump... Whooo would know!!!!

Angela K said...

Love your card, this is one of my favorite images also! TFS!!

Patti J said...

That is not a 'slumpy' card! Even in a slump, you manage to blow me away! Love this image, he has the cutest lil' wings, and the expression on his face is just priceless. Looks like HE has lost his mojo and is trying to figure out what to do next :) I think it's 50/50 right now - you can be foofy or foofless - your choice! Hugs!!!

Amy Kolling said...

This is just the cutest Image!!! I too thought he looked "down" and lost his mojo!! This card is great!!!

Christine Pennington said...

great card--i am with ya--no mojo what-so-ever! hopefully seminar will pump us up again. are you ready?? LOL

Anna said...

Great card! Not sure how that die works, I don't have any. But how I hold my nesties down is a smidge of tape, that I put across my shirt first to keep from being too sticky on paper. Than I put it across the die, and the paper and run it thru. It keeps both in place for me, and since I put it across my shirt, it comes up easy too.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

There you are! I had to hunt you down in "non-creepland".

Cute card. LOVE that image!
Ever thought about doing your own Copic tutorials?

Sonia said...

Hi Barb
fun and cute little owl image,love that stamp.
Beautiful card!

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

Chelsea said...

I love this card ... I hope you find your mojo!

Laurie said...

What a great card! Hope you find your mojo soon!

Jen Carter said...

So adorable! Love the blue owl and the shape of the card!

Bren said...

Love the coloring. I would never of thought of those colors. But of course if you but them together they work. Love the edge haven't seen those before.

Glittered Paws said...

I think your mojo is just FINE - love the colors on the owl and the edge die is great,.

KellyRae said...

There's no way you've lost your mojo! LOVE the colors and your shading details. I do foufou if I'm hand delivering, otherwise I'm foufouless.

Flory said...

very nice...glad i've found your blog...i'm your newest follower:)

Rach said...

Hiya honey. loving this card, what a cutie of an owl,love his stubby little wings.. lol.. too cute.
HOpe that you find your mojo soon, you create such fabulous cards.. xxxx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Barb! Love that owl image... and that curvy edge! :o)

Bridgett Owens said...

Ooooh! He is so cute! Love how you colored him and his teensy wings! Super cute border, definitely perfect for a handbag card or project. Love it!