3.27.2009

You've gotta be kidding...

Brrrrrrrr... yep, you guessed it... it is freakin' cold here in Kansas! There is ice on the mailbox and back deck, and a little on the back door. Why, yes... yes we WERE wearing shorts in 70+ degree weather a few short days ago. Jeebus. It is rainy and dreary out today, which is just perfect since I need to stay inside and clean anyway :( But, man... what a drag.

On to the good stuff! My pile o' scraps is becoming a mountain. So I made two cards last night without cutting into one single new pristine paper or cardstock sheet! I am so proud :) The card base is 3"x5-1/2" and is made from the chipboard backing from my TAC Work Pad! I should be able to get about 5 cards this size from that baby... I love recycling! I've really been favoring the Kraft cardstock look lately, so this is right up my alley. I'll show you one card today and the next one will be in my next blog post.

Stamps: Butterfly Bits, Linear Sentiments, Hinges (hostess set)
Cardstock: recycled chipboard, Bazzill Mono-Reds, White UltraSmooth, DCWV chartreuse, Cha Cha (yellow)
Other: Magic Mesh, foam tape, Fruit Punch Stickles

The butterfly was in my "pile of stuff I might use some day", so I didn't even stamp that last night! The mesh was left over from the ERC Crop goodie bag, and the scraps... well... they keep multiplying so who knows what project they came from :)

I even did just a little something on the inside... gotta use up those scraps somehow...

Here's another challenge, although not many people are taking me up on them: attack your scrap pile and do not use any "new" paper or cardstock (except for the base... that can be fresh) and create a card, scrapbook page, altered item... anything! Let's use those scraps, people!!

What do you think?

.

9 comments:

Anna said...

Wow! Good for you on recycling! I'm not sure I can pull off the nothing but scraps! I'll see if I can pull that off this weekend!

Scrap with the soul said...

is so beautiful. I want this butterflies.
Thanks for sharing

Percy said...

I would do it...my pile is growing as well....I even hoard the scraps...isn't it amazing what we do....I have some scrapbooking to do, I will look into my scraps before cutting any new paper....great idea!!!
I love the look of this card...very rustic, but pretty!!! Great job Barb, as always!!! :)

Sarah G. said...

Way to use those scraps! I love this card!!

AmethystCat said...

awesome and I'll will try to meet your challenge...sometime soon...hopefully. hee hee! great idea!

patti j. said...

Hmmm....sure need to follow your example! It's just that I always seem to have 'all this new stuff' just waiting to be used! lol!!! Great cards - your used os scraps is amazing!

suzann said...

just love this card, I hate cutting into a new piece of card stock as well I always try and use up my scraps first, just ask Suzanne

Laurie said...

What a fun idea! I might have to give it a try! And yes, it is freakin' cold here in Kansas! Can you believe all the snow we got? CRAZY!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love the colors and the 'shabby' look. Nice job on the inside! Thanks for sharing!