3.24.2009

Scraplings...

Finally! Some actual photos within the posts... geez. This is the little Scrapling make-n-take I had at the crop on Saturday. It's a wee little thing {sounds kinda Irish, huh?}, BUT the key is what you do with it! Scraplings are the little left-over chunka chunks that you get when you create a 4-1/4" square card from a typical A2 card (check the Hero Arts blog... they did some great ones using mailing labels!!).

Anyhoo, I've been needing to do more scrapping lately, so I decided to use the Scrapling as a page element for this 6x6 page. Why a 'cruise' page? Well, next year marks Poot's and my 10-year wedding anniversary, and we decided a long time ago that we would be going on a cruise to celebrate! I've only cruised once, for our honeymoon, and I loved it! So, this is just a little jump-start for the scrapbook I will... um, probably not... NO!... that I WILL complete for that event :)


Next up, Heather showed us how to use it as a bag tag... loved it! So, here's my version. It looks pretty different from the one above, just by changing the color palette. What's funny... both designer papers are from the same paper pack!!



Stamps: Flower Patch, Island Trees, Linear Sentiments, Tag Tidbits, Memo Fun, Playful Bet
Paper: Rustic Chic, Kraft cardstock, DCWV brown cardstocks, Amberley Grace cardstock
Ink: Burnt Umber, VersaMark
Other: misc. ribbon, paper piercer, sanding block, Mega & Giga Scallop Square Punches, Cloud Scissors, Pink & Red Scrapper's Floss, Copper eyelet


So, that's what I did with my Scraplings... what will you do with yours? CHALLENGE TIME!!! Use your Scrapling on something and link back in the comment section so we can all see!!


Well... what do you think?

.

15 comments:

Chris said...

woohoo! Love your scraplings Barb! I posted about them on SCS when they first came out and have yet to make one. Yours are terrific!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

AWESOME Barb!! I need to do two things... 1. Buy that paper pack and 2. Spend a day making Scraplings! LOL Thanks for the inspiration!!

Bren said...

These are adorable. I have alot to learn, I am glad you are there for inspiration.

Jennette Warren said...

All of this is darling!
Tfs!

Unknown said...

very very cute!
great job.

Jacquel said...

That's an awesome idea! I love your page too...happy cruising!!!

kssdesigns said...

Great projects and a great use for all those pieces that end up in a box!

Amy Kolling said...

Barb, I so wanted to make it to the Holiday Inn last weekend to see your booth but alas, had to work. I love your scrapling idea and what the heck, everything you make!! Hope to see you at seminar....still working on arrangements to go!!

Anna said...

Great projects! Love the way you used that set. The bag tag is great too!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE scraplings! They would make a fun swap! I came up with a box that perfectly holds 4 nuggets and/or several scraplings. If you are interested in the details, let me know! Your ideas are wonderful - thanks for sharing.

suzann said...

I was tempted to purchase that stamp this month, but wasn't quite sure if I would get good use out of it, love what you did with it, would make great book marks for the teacher appreciation week...

Michele Kovack said...

Wonderful projects!!!

AmethystCat said...

great challenge so I'll have to see if I get one done. love your scraplings and the bag tag! great stuff, Barb!

Sarah G. said...

I love these projects!!!

Diana said...

As always!! just lovely!!

Interesting that I have no interested in buy those two sets!! and now I am not sure, lol!! you have me thinking!

Love,
Diana