3.28.2009

Scrappy ButterlyBits revisited...

Here's the second "scrappy recycled" card that I had made the other night. I definitely like this one better than the last one... probably because it has more layers and is much more collage-ish looking :) It also measures 3"x5-1/2".

Cardstocks: recycled chipboard base from TAC Workpad, White UltraSmooth, Reece (light ocean blue), Bazzill Mono-Pinks, Bazzill Mono-Blue Greens, misc. dark brown

Inks: Toile Pink, Belle Rose, and Burnt Umber Palettes

Other: White Scrapper's Floss, foam tape, Fruit Punch Stickles, misc. button & ribbon

The butterfly, brocade medallion, "we are friends" strip, and the small brown dotted white cardstock were all, again, in my "pile of stuff I might use later"! And I actually used them... un-freakin'-believeable! The butterfly wings are bent slightly so they "fly off" the page... get it... fly... ok, I'm a dork. Onward!

I foofed up the inside on this one, too... I really like it! And, again, it uses more scraps! The "with love" is popped up on foam tape, and the butterfly is covering up the staples that I used to attach the sheer ribbon.

The ocean blue cardstock is left over from cutting a small star out for a previous project. I roughed up the edges of most of the pieces with just the edge of my fingernail... this turns the edges up, but you don't get all of those loose little bits that end up flying everywhere.

What do you think?
.

14 comments:

Chris said...

scraps have never looked so good! :) A great combo of items and colors!!

patti j. said...

You are a scrap-wizard! Great card - thanks for sharing!!!

Vicki Hook said...

WOWSA! I love what you've been doing Barb - you totally ROCK!

Diana said...

LOVE IT!! you are a genious!! really I love this lil cards!! I need to go through my boxes of scraps been inspired by you and check what I can come with! I will do my next Wednesday of challenge witht this theme!!

Love!
Diana

Anna said...

Dude, you totally rocked this one! I'm amazed at how well you cut out the butterfly. It's got a perfect little border of white around it.

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

How fun! Both cards are really neat, great use of those scraps!

Chelsea said...

Barb this is really great ... I love when people make really cute things out of their scraps!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Your so awesome!! "I just threw a few scraps together" she says. WOW. I don't think my scraps would look like this. I LOVE the collage look. Great project chick !

Debra Hensley said...

Love it! You are SO talented! A true paper artist! Thanks for the inspiration!

Alley said...

I think you did another wonderful job on this "scrappy" card. i also like this one with all the layers.

suzann said...

absoulutely love how this looks just slapped together but yet so elegant..

nic_d said...

Love both of these-- the textures and layering are awesome!

Laurie said...

I love your card! The butterfly is super cute!

Trudy Osborn said...

This is so pretty!