3.16.2009

Mod-Vintage Birdie in a Cage...

***Don't forget to enter to win blog candy in my previous post!***

I've been wanting to play with this new BirdCage stamp set, and finally got a chance yesterday! I had a card base already made from a piece of Hemingway cardstock and was planning on doing some paper piercing... yeah, I know... there isn't one single pierced hole on this!! Funny how things totally turn around, isn't it?

Anyway, I love the retro top to the Happy Birthday sign from Hotel Signs, so I started with that in VersaMark. Then I stamped the Script Background twice on the right side with VersaMark, to create a subtle patterned base. I layered a scrap of old lace to divide the two images. I edged the entire card front with Burnt Umber Palette.

I stamped the birdcage in Burnt Umber on White UltraSmooth cardstock, added a bit of pink from a Copic marker, and edged it first in Belle Rose Palette and then again in Burnt Umber. I layered this on a bit of pink cardstock from Bazzill Monochromatic Reds. This panel is then popped up on Pop Dots.

Next up, this yummy pink velvet ribbon (I can't remember who the manufacturer is) & sheer organza from the Willoughby Ribbon collection. I topped it all off with a flower & buttons from the Lemonade Blossoms & Buttons and Audrey Embellishment Jar, tied with White Scrapper's Floss.

I think it looks a little Mod-Vintage...


What do you think?


.

14 comments:

Chris said...

Mod and FAB!! :) You are just the most creative person! I had to giggle when you said you started in one direction and ended up in another. That totally happens to me too. Love, love, love your card!!

Anna said...

So pretty! I love the shape of the card!

Jacquel said...

I think it's pretty...nice colors!!

Unknown said...

Great card! It's cool how the card is sort of shaped like the bird cage. Love your embellishments, too. Just too cute!

Danni said...

I love this!!! What a clever idea!! LOVE it!

Alley said...

I love how you made the card curved like a bird cage and the texture of the embellishment.

Anonymous said...

That's really pretty. Love the colors!

Angela K said...

Great card! Love it!!

AmethystCat said...

oh my gosh - that is a FANTASTIC card!!! I love the shape and the texture and how mod fab it is!!! You never cease to amaze me! :)

Percy said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, How do you do it Barb??? Fantastic card!!! I want some of your talent! :)

Sew This N That said...

This is beautiful Barb, I love it because its so different :0)
Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog, you have made my day :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh wow!!! So amazing and inspiring!!! LOVE IT!!!

:-)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Barb I lllooovveee how you did the top of the card!! You are so unique! Awesome idea girl!

Sonia said...

Barb, love how you did this card... Amazing!!!! ;-)

**Sony**