3.08.2009

A little more Rustic Chic...

**Editted to add: yummy blog candy from Melissa HERE**

I just noticed that I have well over 16,000 hits AND my last post was #200, soooooooooooo be sure to check back later this week to see what kind of blog candy I will be giving away!


On to tonight's cards: I, unfortunately, needed a 'get well soon' card quickly since I should have mailed it off A LONG TIME AGO {I'm kinda sucking as a friend in that department}! I needed a guy card which, as you know, is very difficult for me. Plus, I needed one that was flat, no bumpiness, so it would go right through the mail machines. This is what I came up with... I like parts of it, but other parts not-so-much.

Stamps: Trendy Greetings, Mini Medallions (retired)
Other: Crystal Laquer, stapler, misc. ribbon
I love the medallion border and the Crystal Laquer 'button' that is above the sentiment. I couldn't have bows, or frilly ribbon or whatever, so I kept the layout clean and simple. I'm not diggin' the way the cardstock 'ribbon' beneath the sentiment is looking, and I'm really not sure about the stapled ribbon on the left.

This next one is what I call 'leftovers'! It's a little 3x3 jobbie using some leftovers from the above card, and a couple of extras:

Stamps: Tag Tidbits, Criss Cross (Level B Hostess set)
Paper: Rustic Chic, Kraft cardstock, Bazzill Mono Blue-Greens, DCWV brown
Ink: Burnt Umber Palette, VersaMark
Other: paper piercer, Brown & Lime Scrapper's Floss, misc. ribbon & button
Another clean-line card, with just a little burst o' fun with the button & floss :) This particular piece from Rustic Chic paper is my favorite in the whole paper pad. Even though it starts to cross into the 'country fried' look { soooooooo not me :) }, it is one of my favorite 8x8 Wing It Collection paper pads.
I like the subtle butterfly beneath the greeting... me loves the VersaMark!! ;) And the pierced line across seems to 'ground' the whole card.

What do you think?

7 comments:

AmethystCat said...

fabulous cards!!! love the paper piercing finishing touch. great inspiration!!!

Suzanne said...

love them, great color combos!

Chelsea said...

love it and I love how you used the scraps to make a WONDERFUL card ... why can't my scraps turn into masterpieces??? :)

Alley said...

I love all your subtle details and the colors here. Scraps can be fabulous to use

nic_d said...

Love these cards! The butterfly behind the sentiment is an awesome touch!

Sarah G. said...

This is a great guy get well card! The laquered button is really cool. The layout on the second card is just great and the VersaMarked butterfly under the sentiment is perfect!!

Sarah G.

Debra Hensley said...

You've done it once again Barb! Both cards are great. The guy card is perfect and the love the detail of the versamarked butterfly under the sentiment in the second. You are so creative!!