3.10.2009

Pemberley Bay Matchbook Album...

Woo Hoo! Finally finished the Pemberley Bay Matchbook Kit that TAC gave us in San Antonio! I hadn't done much there because I was going on very little sleep (oh the fun we have) and just couldn't focus. I followed their directions for a few pages, but decided to just wing the rest (hence the "co-design" photo watermarks). I'm doing another slide show... do these work well for you guys? It's so much easier than posting a dozen photos! Just click on "view all images" for a larger lookie-see :)

Stamps: Interact
Kits/Paper: Pemberley Bay Matchbook Kit, Amberley Grace SWIC, Amberley Grace & Hemingway Cardstocks, misc. shipping tags & large coin envelope
I've also done the Rockin' Roxie Matchbook Kit... I'm waiting for the sun to come out so I can photograph it. I actually completed it before the Pemberley Bay one, so I picked up a few tips:
1. Use foam tape (or similar) as spacers at the binding area... this allows for a more level look to album, especially when closed.

2. When using popped-up elements (or buttons in the case of RR), try to spread them out in different areas on different pages... don't just put them all at the 'open end' of the page. If not, it leads to an uneven look when closed.

3. Be careful when letting elements hang off the ends of the pages... top & bottom are fine, and you can do a teensie bit on the end (just not-so-much).

4. Be sure to do a 'dry run' with your pockets & tags... a couple of pages I did just use the photo mat as a pocket, and it really needed a bit of a gusset.

5. On the page with the triangle loop, eyelet & ribbon, I created a pocket with the AG paper by running strips of foam tape around three sides. This allowed plenty of room for a few tags and gives more dimension to the page.

My favorite page? I love the cover & binding, and all of the interactive pages, and the cool fancy frame page with the acetate window, and the foam tape pocket page... wait... did I just name every freakin' page?! ;)

By the way, I still have several tabs, photo corners, and two whole pages left over from the kit... hmmmm... what to make next...


What do you think?

Edited to add: TAC had pre-cut the fancy frame shapes with a die cutting system they had at the home office. I really like that shape, don't you? They provided everything except the stamp set, ink, the sheer binding ribbon, acetate, staples, foam tape, and some of the floss... pretty generous I think... it's great to be an Angel, huh?! :)
.

12 comments:

Percy said...

Barb,

I love this, every single page is adorable....you did a great job....and gave me some inspiration to work on some of these I have made (not the same paper collection!!!) Love it!!

Unknown said...

All I can say is "WOW"!!

Suzanne said...

I really love it! I'm curious as to how you made the cut outs on the front cover. Are they dies or just some random cutting?

AmethystCat said...

that is sooo cool! the slideshow worked for me and I was just in awe watching all the fabulous details slide by. neat stuff!!!

Alley said...

OMGosh...I Love what you've done with your matchbook. It's so well done, thought out and beautiful.

Rach said...

gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Lisadwb said...

FUN!! Your albums are always look so fun with all of the interactive elemants.
For some reason mine always look "flat." LOL

Laurie said...

This is really cute! Sounds like you guys had fun in San Antonio!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great item. Happy Birthday next week!!

Anna said...

This is lovely! You can tell you put so much time and love into it! I can never sit that long! Wonderful job on it!

Diana said...

I LOVE, LOVE this album!! Can't wait to see the Rockin' Roxie!! you are such a great inspiration!!

Love,
Diana

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great album... love the colors and the ribbons. TFS!