6.22.2009

Short & Tweet...

This is my loser entry for this month's TAC contest, Beautiful Birdies... but I can see why! Go HERE and check all of the winners... Kim's birdie card is fantastic, as are all of the other entries!

Here are the deets for mine:

Stamps: Bird Cage, Fleur Birdies, Tag Tidbits, Script Background, Sweet Thing (retired)

Paper: Juliette SWIC & Cardstock, White UltraSmooth cs

Ink: VersaMark, Burnt Umber, Toile Pink, Violette & Noir Palettes

Other: Aquacolor crayons w/ Niji brush, Audrey Embellishment Jar, White & Brown Floss, misc. buttons, Angelee Ribbon, Pop Dots & Crystal Lacquer, foam tape

You can barely see in these photos, but I stamped the Script Background in Toile Pink before watercoloring the birdcage image, and stamped the leaf image in VersaMark above the ribbon.

The birdie is popped up & then covered with Crystal Laquer. The 'short &' sentiment was stamped, edged, and then I snipped between letters to curve around the cage and lift off of the card.

To finish it all off, I just kept piling on the buttons & flowers!

What do you think?

pst... you should head over to Anna's blog for a big ol' heap of rubber stamp goodness!!

19 comments:

Anna said...

So cute, Barb! You so rock with textures!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! Where do you get such fabulous ideas??

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! rita w

Alley said...

I always enjoy your posts with your layers, use of embellishments in a sophisticated style.

LadybugSue said...

I love it!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Very original and creative! So cool!
:-)

Chris said...

I think it's great and I love your saying... :)

Ann said...

Beautiful! I love your little birdie and those fabulous flowers!

~amy~ said...

such the ultra-sweet card Barb!

Leslie said...

I love the vintage and shabby look of this! Super job!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is great, I love the way you snipped between the letters on the word sweet. That really adds something interesting and different.

Debi Urbanek said...

You are so talented! Will you rub off some of your creative mojo while I'm sleeping! (oh are we going to get any sleep?)
Your roomie
Debi

Michelle Forrest said...

OMGosh! this is adorable!

Kim said...

Barb This is a Beautiful Birdie card!I love these sentiments together and its soo clever the way you snipped the one to curve!Wonderful card!! : )

Anonymous said...

LOVE it, so wonderful.

Michelle said...

Cute Card Barb - love what you did with the set!!

Hey busy for me too (wonder why?!?!?) wanted to thank you for thinking of me on the blog award. means a lot and I'm really looking forward to meeting you at seminar!!

Chelsea said...

what a GREAT way to use this set ... I love it!!!

Joan B said...

well, I think you should have won. this is awesome!

Sonia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Barb!!! :)