6.30.2009

Here kitty kitty...

Now that the hustle and bustle of seminar is over, it's back to work! This kitty is from a new set called Playful Pets that has five images and 3 sentiments.

I trimmed the card front a bit short with my Cloud Scissors and placed a seafoam strip (Reece cardstock) on the inside base.

More Lemonade Blossoms & Buttons (are you sick of these yet?) and Scrapper's Floss. I stamped the 'hi' and punched it out & then layered it over the top of one of the thick buttons... worked out great, and no need to add a mat :) Luvin' the Reece Ribbon with buttons on top.

I colored with Prismacolors and mineral oil... still my favorite method! The eyes on this one came out pretty cool... after I colored, I put a layer of Crystal Lacquer over them. I just love the effect it gives.

And that's it!

What do you think?

9 comments:

LadybugSue said...

I love this card cuz you made it, but it is really sweet!! I rec'd my catalog yesterday and started my wish list. This kitty caught my eye too!!

Danni said...

Super cute!!

Anna said...

So cute, Barb! Love the layers, and I love when you use the flowers and buttons!

Sandy said...

You make even a image I am not fond of look nice!
You are quite the artist!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

It's very original and sweet.

:-)

Melisa Waldorf said...

So cute chick!! I love crystal laquer as well!

Kim said...

What a FUN card! I like this set too... Your coloring is awesome as usual and I like the Crystal Lacquer on the eyes!

Anonymous said...

You do such wonderful things with Prismacolors and Mineral Oil. Luv the pink kitty! rita w

Sonia said...

Like the kitty stamp.. love how you did this card! Absolutely beautiful!
**Sony**