6.03.2009

Double-duty challenge card!

Why is it that when you have a "day off" from work, you actually still work? I only had enough time to do two cards today! Dang it! I had a conference call, which was a total waste of time, answered business emails and returned phone calls. I am totally writing down a few hours on my time sheet!!!


On to the fun stuff!! This ca-yootie patootie is for Taylor's TECC70 sketch challenge AND 365 Cards Day #95 Wacky Color challenge. I should have used a cuppie cake for Taylor's, but this little cow was already half-way-colored! The color combo for 365's had to be Pink, Orange, & Blue... yikes!


Stamps: An Udder Birthday?

Pa
per: Lilly Anna SWIC & Cardstock, Bazzill Mono-Oranges, White UltraSmooth cs

Ink:
Noir Palette

Other:
Stardust Stickles, A
udrey Embellishment Jar, Fiskers border punch, misc. sheer ribbon, Nesties


Tip of the Day: I made the felt star from one of the flowers in the Embellie Jar with just a few snips of the scissors! I'm sure I'm not the first to figure that one out, but hey... it felt like a lightbulb at the time :)


Pretty straight-forward card otherwise since I didn't have to really think about the layout OR the color combo :)

What do you think?

19 comments:

Rose said...

this is so cute!!! :D

Michelle said...

Very cute! Love your cow - he's colored perfectly! How do you get the blue behind the cow - do you sponge that or is that pencils and oms? It's awesome!!

Hey thanks again for helping me out - I hope I wasn't the reason you didn't get more cards done!!

Can't wait to meet you at seminar and hopefully I can meet up with you on a Thursday! Keep me posted on that!

Kim said...

You totally Pulled it off...
But hey I had no douts here! This is Adorable!!! And your felt Star idea is super.... Stars seem to be the rage lately I'll have to see what I can come up with.LoL! : )

Danni said...

This is just too cute!! Wonderful job!

Anna said...

Dude! Love this! Love the fact you changed a flower into a star! I would have never thought to do that! I need to use that set more often! So stinking cute! Oh, I loved that Robot set, too!

Anonymous said...

OK, REALLY, this is just waaaay to cute, what a great job....I could just eat that little cutie up, love it.

Karen Lee said...

Darling card!

hugs, Karen Lee

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is udderly delightful. :)

Heidi Hihn said...

Great card! I love this set. You do a wonderful job making your image just jump out at the viewer!

Made by Mandy said...

Wow, your colouring is amazing. I've never thought of cows as cute until I saw this card.

Great job.

Hope your day is not as stressful today :)

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Elena said...

This card is so beautiful! I love the stamp you used! Your coloring is so pretty! And the felt star is very neat!

Shari said...

So cute! Love that little cow

Kristie Larsen said...

such an adorable card! i think that little cow is too cute as is the sentiment. so funny!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card as usual!! thanks for the tip about how to make felt stars - I'm not sure I would have ever thought of that! rita w

~amy~ said...

this is absolutely darling!

Maz said...

gorgeous card, love the colouring on that image
Maz

Chelsea said...

cute cute card .... love how you turned a flower into a star ... brilliant!!!

Angela K said...

Love that set, great card!!