5.14.2010

Wedding Season!

Yes... it is fast-approaching.  So yesterday I locked myself away for a little creative time to make several wedding/ engagement cards as requested by my
boutique buddy, Brenda at The Blue Bow 
{say that 10 times really fast :)}


These two may look familiar.  I loved THIS card so much, that I copied it and switched out the image & colors... me loves 'em... I don't know why.  I mean, the layout is super simple and there isn't a bunch of fluff... and you know how I like the fluff :)


Sorry folks, but the stamp is a retired one... I know!  I love it, too.  The cake and the bride images are part of the same set from back in the day... another set that I will have a tough time letting go... ever.  :)


I think the peach one is just lover-ly, don't you?  Reminds me of orange sherbet... how spring/summery is that?!  And I think the black really sets the colors off well.


Stamps:  I Do (retired), Tag Tidbits
Paper:  Core d'nations Black Magic, white ultra smooth & black cardstocks
Other:  Cuttlebug embossing folder, Rectangles & Scallop Rectangle Nesties, circle punches, misc. ribbons & foam tape
Copics:  0, V01, V04, V06, R02, W2


Of course, the lilac one is pretty, too... I like how the shadow feathers out on this one.  OH!  And be prepared to see more wedding cards in my next couple of posts... they are way better than these :)

What do you think?

8 comments:

Patti J said...

Hi Barb! These are so pretty! Love the colors. Your boutique friend will love them too! It must be so nice to have a place to sell what you make! Great job! TFS...

Renée said...

Wow, these are real classy. Very stylish. Love that you used black for a wedding card!!

Sandy said...

awesome cards! I do like the peach the most.

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty Barb! I think I like the peach one the best too!

Kristen H said...

These are gorgeous! I love the shadow effect you created. You really know how to shade!

these are both wonderful!

Glittered Paws said...

Nice - like them both but the peach is my fav. This is one set I don't think I will let go either, love it.

Amy Kolling said...

Barb your cards turned out soo pretty! This will be one stamp set that I won't be getting rid of! I have gone to this set over and over again!!

Heidi Hihn said...

Barb your card is wonderful!! I love what you did with her dress!! I also love all your details on the card!