5.10.2010

Boot-scootin'...

Yes, my friends... it's another country-fried card!  Very fitting since the Abdallah Shrine Rodeo is coming up SOON (May 27-29)!  And even though I'm an Aide Captain's Lady, I will not be helping out... sorry Sharon S., but you are just going to have to pick on someone else during this event :)  Miss me!  Big Kiss!
(sucka)

ANYway... on to today's papercraftiness:


CA-yoot, right?  Ever since I saw Angela's pink boot, I wanted to make one :)  And look... it's not even colored with Copics this time :)  Hello, Prismacolor pencils... have you missed me?  And see the border on the burgundy mat... I Scor-bugged it after using one of Tim Holtz's new edge dies.  LOVE it.  Don't THINK I won't be getting my creep on with those bad boys!  That's what I'm talkin'-bout.


Stamps:  Cowboy Boots, Petal Pack (25% off!)
Paper:  White Ultra Smooth, Amelia & kraft cardstocks
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo, VersaMark, Burnt Umber Palette
Colorant:  Prismacolor pencils w/ mineral oil & blending stumps
Other:  ribbon (HL), gems (Michael's), Scor-bug, Tim Holtz die, white gel pen


See the little round dashed cuts around the gems?  Well, originally I was going to put these cool button-type things on here, but I had already glued the panel down.  I had no idea how to get the prongs to close, so I took them off... I liked the cuts they left, though.  So I added a bit o' bling to the centers... me likey.

What do you think?

12 comments:

Teresa Jenkins said...

Awesome... I'm all country though, so I love it! Great coloring... fun going back to prisma after discovering copics huh?

Angela K said...

Fantastic! I think you colored your pink boot better!! You have got to stop with all the cool borders , it makes me want to run out and buy a bunch of them!! Thankfully I already snagged myself this Tim Holts one!! :)

Chris said...

Love that new border punch! But even better is your background design, pink rhinestones and that divine boot. It's really colored perfectly...sigh...you are SO GOOD!

Amy Kolling said...

Looks like I'm going to have to check out the Tim Holtz die now!! It looks great with the "theme" of your card!

Laurie said...

I am feeling a real sarcastic vibe coming from this card! Some how I think, just maybe that boots, chaps and cowboy hats are not on the top of your list! LOL!!! Am I right or am I right? BUT that being said, I LOVE LOVE the card! And you know I do! hehe! Miss ya! Can't wait for one month!!

Alley said...

Love it, I really like your coloring and white gel accents, even if it's not copics...haha.

Jen Carter said...

Love the pink boot! And, the cuts with the gems...you should do that again! That is a great "mistake"!! Love it! We have a high schooler in our church who has flourescent green cowboy boots...if you ever need a new color for your boots, give that one a try! LOL!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Howdy partner! I think this is one ca-yoot boot! Have a wonderful week chick and don't let them work you to hard!

Anna said...

Barb, love this! My daughter used to have pink cowgirl boots. She loved them!

Julie Robinson said...

love it, love it, love it! I finally ordered this set and love all of these great ideas!

Kimberly said...

This made me smile! Your coloring rocks and the cuts with the gem are the perfect touch!!

Unknown said...

From a country gal that rode horses much of her life.... I love this! The border under the boot is fabulous! And the color... definitely feminine!