5.06.2010

Butterfly birthday...

Happy Thursday!  It is so pretty today... far too nice to be inside (hush up, Laurie... we know I'm not an outdoorsey gal).  Maybe I should say, far too nice to be at the office :)  I've been coloring a bunch of butterflies lately, feeling Springy and all, so be prepared to see several butterfly cards in upcoming posts!


Me loves the kraft cardstock.  And you can put it with almost any color scheme, really.  I had colored these butterflies last weekend thinking that I would cut them out and use on different cards... BUT since I managed to line them up pretty good, I decided to use them together.  This is a limited edition stamp set available in May & June only!  You can check it out HERE.


The trick was to find those three colors in a paper line... yeah... good luck with that :)  I finally just ended up using Mimi paper with a splash of teal cardstock to tie them together... worked pretty good I think.  The main background panel was in my scrap pile already made up!  Yes... this is a scrap pile card... believe it or not.


Stamps:  Life So Big, Forever Friends (retired)
Paper:  Mimi (retired, but More Mimi would work!), Mimi & kraft cardstocks, misc. teal cardstock
Other:  EK Success edger punch, brown pearls (Michael's)
Copics:  BG72, BG78, YG01, YG05, RV13, RV14


One more card that goes into my birthday card stash... oh wait... I don't have a stash anymore!  So this is the START of my birthday card stash :)

What do you think?

15 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful Barb!

Chris said...

Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get this set...one can never have too many butterflies, right?!

Daniella said...

You know you rock!! That is so pretty!! I love it!

LadybugSue said...

Very pretty card!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Barb! I love the butterflies (my favorites) and the great colors. :o)

Amy Kolling said...

Barb this is soo pretty!! Love the scallop edge at the bottom of the card.

Michelle said...

Very pretty - love the teal with mimi! And those butterflys are BEAUTIFUL!!!...You know my bday is in a couple of weeks. You could just send it my way - I'd give it a good home :)

Laurie said...

Are you telling ME to hush? Or one of the other dozen Lauries? hehe! i know you would rather be a "kept inside woman"! LOL!

OH, great card btw! Love the colors! Hope I get to see you SOON!!

Jen Carter said...

That's gorgeous!! Love the butterflies and the colors! Very pretty!

Glittered Paws said...

Love, love, love the butterflies - great coloring. I have this set "enroute" as we speak. Can't wait to play with it.

Bridgett Owens said...

Beautiful card, Barb! Great colors.

Teresa Jenkins said...

So pretty! Love them stamped on the kraft, so neat! The whole thing is just beautiful!

kssdesigns said...

Great layout. Kraft card stock is so versatile. I'm lovin' those butterflies too!

Anna said...

So pretty, Barb. Love the layout! And the different colored butterflies.

Sarah G. said...

Beautiful card! I love all the layers and your coloring is fantastic!