5.08.2010

Swim dude...

Hard to believe I even made this card today... it was far too chilly for swimming around here!  But isn't he cute?  Nothing says summer like fins & floaties :)  And look at that hair... crazy.  I always pictured this little dude a redhead... don't ask... I don't know :)


Stamps:  Summer Boys, That Guy (retired)
Other:  Crystal Lacquer, foam tape, misc. ribbon (HL), circle punches
Copics:  E00, E11, E57, YR04, YR18, YR23, YG01,YG05


I added a little lacquer to his goggles, fins & floaties... adds a little sumpin' sumpin' I think.


Well, tomorrow I've got a full day prepping & serving at the Shrine Ladies' Spring Tea... I even baked cookies today!  {GASP}  While you are hauling your hiney back into your chair after THAT newsflash, I'll share the super easy recipe for Lemon Crackle Cookies:

1 lemon cake mix
1 egg
1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip
1 Tbs. lemon extract (optional... but oh so good)

Mix together, drop into powdered sugar & roll into balls, place on greased cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (14-16 minutes if using stoneware)

Yeah... I know... not REALLY that homemade, but at least I actually had to turn on the oven :)

What do you think?

14 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love the red hair - Suzanne sent me a couple of these images - will just have to color this one up today!!! The cookies sound yummy.

Laurie said...

Look at you baking again!! What is going on? :) I am still just in awe of your coloring. You have to teach me that is all there is to it! Great card Barb!

Sandy said...

That is so adorable! Love him and the "bubbles" so much!

Angela K said...

Love this card!

Jen Carter said...

I like him as a redhead! :) Very cute card! Coloring is fantastic as always!

Anna said...

Flipping cute! Love the coloring! The hair rocks! You always make me want to pull out those neglected sets!

Christine Pennington said...

Totally cool card!

Chelsea said...

this is a GREAT card ... love the vibrant colors and how you colored him.

Chris said...

OMG--I mean I am screaming this! He is so adorable...you did his hair PERFECTLY and I love the lacquer swim fins and arm floaties. So, so cute.

Thanks for the recipe too - my daughter and I love lemon bars and this sounds like a fun change.

Amy Kolling said...

Barb....this card just made me smile!! It is adorable and I totally could tell you had used some crystal laquer over those parts!!

kssdesigns said...

Boy is this ever cute. This little guy was just asking to have red hair! Cute, cute, cute!

Kim said...

Adorable Barb! Your coloring ROCKS as usual... Luv that red hair!

Kim said...

Love that little guy, cute card! Thanks for the recipe too, I adore lemon cookies!

AmethystCat said...

hee hee! so cute! and thanks for the lemon cookie recipe again. such fab cookies!