5.04.2010

A happy hello...

I love Spring.  Really I do.  Especially sleeping with the windows open & a chilly breeze blows the entire night.  The bad thing:  I just want to snuggle under the covers and not get up in the morning :)  I can't even count the number of times I hit the snooze button this morning!  What sucks worse?  Poot kept hitting HIS snooze button... and our clocks are not in sync... so every 3 minutes there was a freakin' alarm going off {ugh!}  Ok, maybe it was every 5 minutes.  Whatever it was... it was NOT a good thing :)

So, enough of a glimpse into my life for the moment... on to the fun stuff!  I had stamped this little flower onto a practice sheet whenever I had that Copic coloring class a while back, so I thought I'd use it.  And how ever-so-fitting for Spring, right?


Other:  Extra Jumbo flower punch, Scor-Bug, button, black Scrapper's Floss, black felt, EK Success edger punch
Copics:  YR20, YR23, YR24, E57, V01, V06, V09, G12, G21, G85


Tip #1:  Stamp a large flower (from Petal Pack) on the back of the black felt with a light chalk ink and then cut it out.  You don't have to buy a die or pre-made felt flowers!

Tip #2:  Be sure to use the edger punch before using the Scor-bug.  Some punches are hard to gauge exactly how much paper is cut off, and you don't want the border too close to the piercing.

Tip #3:  After punching the yellow flower, cut between petals towards the center half way.  Curl the separate petals under a bit with a chopstick or pencil for added dimension.


On a sad note... all of the stamps used for this card, except for one, are being discontinued!  On a happy note... you can get them for 25% off!

Ab Fab, right?  Want some more fabulous news?  A dear friend has JUST opened a new boutique at 4505 90th Street in Prairie Village, Kansas called The Blue Bow, and she has been selling my cards & creations!  She's already taken requests for additional items... I am so psyched! (as opposed to psycho)  I can't wait for her to get her website going... it is one of those eclectic decor & furniture boutiques... small, but sooooo much fun to get lost in :)  Good luck, Brenda!!


What do you think?

12 comments:

Laurie said...

This card is absolutley gorgeous! I love everything about it!! That flower just pops off that white cardstock! I love it!!

BarbL said...

I think I love the way you used the cute circle borders over the top of the flower stamp. Love the dimension it adds. You are always great for good ideas!

Michelle said...

super cute card - love all the fabulous tips you gave. Congrats on your stuff being sold in the boutique - very cool! Oh and I'm EXACTLY the same way in the morning...lucky for us we only have one alarm clock, lol!

AmethystCat said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! that's beyond awesome! and, i'm with ya on the morning thing. I'm late every day but my boss knows I'll stay until stuff is done. dang. and, the sleeping right now is GRAND! can't wait to hear more about the boutique!

Danni said...

Wonderful card!! You rock!

Amy Kolling said...

Barb that purple layer is gorgeous!! I love the edger punch too!! (this flower set is one of my favorites)

Jen Carter said...

Love this!! The colors are fabulous!!

LadybugSue said...

Very nice and springy...
I finally got back in my room and it felt good.

Helen Dooley said...

Love this card! Its awesome!

Kim Wilson said...

Great coloring Barb!! :) Thank u for the sweet comment! I love the images, I am a freak for Alice in Wonderland so I was extatic when Mad Hatter said he would sponsor! Plus, the stamps come in this super cute packaging its a little plastic hinged box and its so fun!

Teresa Jenkins said...

This card is awesome! I love it all! Great news about your friend's shop and selling your cards! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Love this card! And congrats on the opportunity to sell your cards at your friend's shop! How cool!