4.28.2009

Ummmmm... hello?

I know I know... bad blogger. It's been crazy around here, so I won't be posting again until Friday or Saturday! I haven't been working on anything, so there's nothing really to post anyway :( All I have for you today is this "Goin' Green" recycled tag project that was done for Paper Wings:

The white border is a left-over from another card I had started. I had punched the center out and was left with this lovely square frame and HAD to use it. TAC's plastic clamshells that they ship their stamps in are so perfect for recycling by using the Big Shot and a Sizzix tag die. I applied a bit of acrylic paint to one side for texture.

The sentiment is layered and pop up with a pop dot, and the white mat was glued to the back side to hide pop dot. I used a bit of an old cotton pillowcase for the tag tie and ran it over the ink pad for color.

Stamps: Summer Elegance(retiring!!), Tag Tidbits
Inks: Belle Rose & Noir Palettes
Paper: Uptown Girl, misc. black & white cardstocks
Other: clear tag, cotton trim, paint, staple, pop dot
Sorry kids, that's it. I'm hoping to have some creative time Friday night {crossed fingers}!
What do you think?
.

3 comments:

Chris said...

It's such a cool tag! I loved it when I first saw it.

Hey, don't beat yourself up! We all have those kinds of weeks!!

AmethystCat said...

ok - I love this!!! First - my favorite color combo! Second - fabulous idea! Your artistry amazes me!

Anna said...

Very clever, Barb! Cool that you used a clear box!