4.05.2009

Paper Wings Scrappy Blog Hop!!!

How about another Blog Hop?! A bunch of Angels from Paper Wings decided to highlight how to use rubber stamping in your scrapbooks. I confess, it's hard for me to create a scrapbook page WITHOUT any stamping... the pages just seem a bit unfinished. If my fingers aren't inky when I complete a page, it's not complete ;)



Ink: Burnt Umber & Cognac Palettes, VersaMark

Other: Extra Jumbo Circle punch, Mega & Giga Scallop Square punches, Pop Dots, foam tape, faux dewdrops, blending pad

I decided to do a double-page layout that was almost mirrored... the inward facing photos helped guide this. I only used one tiny sliver of pattern paper (upper right of Heidi page)... and created the rest with stamps! The Script Background was stamped in VersaMark & Cognac (twice without re-inking), and the Dingbat medallion was also stamped in VM. I created movement with the punched Flourish by varying the position of the image, allowing part of the image to 'go off' the edge, and by popping some up on foam tape & pop dots. It is grounded by the addition of the dewdrops that are in a straight line.

Aren't my Heidi & Thor the CUTEST BABIES EVER?! Just to quote what you are thinking: {why yes, Barb... it is true... I have never seen ANYTHING cuter than these two} Just a little side note... my poor Heidi (the blonde) had to have one of her eyes removed due to a corneal-something and is now affectionately called Bruno. She looks like a total badass right now until her stitches come out in a couple of weeks, but I thought I'd document her in her glory days.

You can see more scrappy examples of mine HERE and HERE and don't forget to check out all of these wonderful Angels' scrappy rubber-stamped works:


What do you think?!
.

15 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Great layouts! I love them both, especially love the cirles with the damask images!

Angela K said...

Great pages Barb, I hope your sweet girl is healing well.

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh I love these pages, Barb! Your babies are so beautiful and I am so sorry about Heidi! God love her!! What a tough time she has had! I adore these pages with so many awesome details!!!

Trudy Osborn said...

Terrific layout! THese are such cute dogs. I love the colors you chose on this layout-perfect

Anna said...

So pretty! I love that you used dew drops. I never would have thought to put those in a scrapbook! Sorry about Heidi's eye! Poor thing!

Unknown said...

This is a great tribute to your fur-kids! Both pages are really cool with the circles and almost mirror-layout! Love them!

Laurie said...

These are so cute Barb! I love the colors! The circle embellishments are really cute too!

suzann said...

Hey Barb, love the pages, the puppies are so cute, thanks for the blog candy, I got it in the mail the other day, we are getting ready to go on spring break, so as soon as I come back I will be working on some projects with your items and I will post them asap..

Michelle said...

Great layouts! Love to see such wonderful samples of stamping in scrapbooks since that is an area I struggle with.

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Great pages Barb! I love how you incorporate so many little details that flow together so incredibly well to create such great pieces of art!

Ellie Jacobson said...

Awesome layout Barb and I like the colors as well!

Melisa Waldorf said...

They are so adorable!! They look so sweet just laying there. I bet they NEVER get into trouble! Great layout girl!

Patti J. said...

Oh so cute! Love the layouts, the colors, and the pooch!

Lisa T said...

Great layouts! Your doggies are SOOO cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww! Sweet puppy! Great pages!

Christina