4.09.2009

Love and other stuff...

Ack! I know... I know... I am blog-slacking big time. But I've been going crazy with my Heidi... poor fur-baby... she had another eye surgery. I am a mess... I can't even imagine what it would by like to have human children. I do know that Heidi's college fund has been steadily going to the vet & ophathamologist in large amounts. I could kick myself for not getting pet insurance a couple of years ago.

So enough with the home life, and on to a little more love... yep, another installment for the Paper Wings Music of my Heart theme. First up...

Light My Fire Candle Tin
What better sentiment for a candle, right? :) I drew the heart on chipboard & then covered w/ cardstock before cutting out... I covered the chipboard flower w/ Uptown paper. I sponged all edges w/ Moulin Rouge (including the back of the chipboard elements).

I also sprayed the scarlet elements and back of chipboard w/ Silver Glimmer Mist. I thought the leaf image looked like a stylized flame, so I stamped that on another piece of Uptown paper. The tag sentiment is handwritten: "C'mon baby light my fire!"... thank you, The Doors :)

Stamps: Bold Flourishes
Paper: Uptown Girl, Cha Cha SWIC tag, Mono-Pinks Bazzill (tag), Scarlet cardstock
Inks: Moulin Rouge & Noir Palettes
Accessories: misc. ribbon, chipboard flower & heart, Micron journaling pen

Just a Love Note
The main image is supposed to look like a music note... I think it worked...

Stamps: Love Doodles, Punctuation, Trendy Greetings, Life is Short (little love sentiment), So Splattered (retired)
Paper: Scarlett & Black cardstock, White UltraSmooth
Inks: Moulin Rouge & Noir Palettes
Accessories: Tombow red marker, misc. ribbon
What do you think?!

.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I think their teriffic! But I think all your stuff is!

Anonymous said...

Darling projects. Awesome as usual!! rita w

LadybugSue said...

Love em Barb, you keep me inspired. Hope your baby is up and playin soon.
Susan K

Debra Hensley said...

You are SO creative Barb! You always inspire me. Love both projects!!

Diane said...

Very CLEVER!!!