4.17.2009

How Tweet... Sweet Face :)

How Tweet

Only 6-1/2 months until Halloween :) Though this first card isn't really Halloweenie, it could be... I love how he is just sitting on the "T" like a perch. And yes, I know owls don't tweet... hence the question mark :)

The photo looks really dark, but the base is a very dark brown. The thick vanilla cardstock is almost like watercolor paper... I salvaged it from a store-bought card {gasp!} that was given to me. I used my Tombow markers to color the owl from Bird Cage instead of the Copics, but I want to do another one with Copics and one with Prismacolors & mineral oil to get some blending action goin' on.

I stamped the little "how" from Tag Tidbits in Burnt Umber Palette ink, and the "tweet" & owl in Noir Palette. I really like the simplicity to this one, even though there is not one teensie bit of foofiness anywhere... odd {like me}. :)

Sweet Face

I thought I'd also share a little scrap card. Once again, I dove into my pile o' scraps, and this is the result. If you remember this silhouette Hope card (scroll down a little) where I cut the face off & just used the hair part... yep, you guessed it... I saved the face :) I'm telling you, scrap-hoarding is like a sickness...

I'm lovin' the Genevieve paper (of course) and the cardstock is from Toodle Loo & DCWV. There is a little foam tape poppin' the image up, I added a Blossom & Button, little heart, & a bit of pink micro ribbon.

So...

What do you think?

11 comments:

kssdesigns said...

Girl, you are SO talented! Every time I look at one of you creations I always find something new. Love love love the ribbon through the button trick.

Chris said...

Hey!! If my scraps looked this great I would hoard them too!! :) Great work, as usual!

Sarah G. said...

Both cards are great! I love the little owl. Very cute! I like how you just used the face on your second card. I always love your scrappy cards. :)

Patti J. said...

These are both wonderful! I love the owl card for it's simplicity, and the face card is just so pretty and dainty! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Your owl card is very striking - love it, love it, love it. And you are so creative with the Hope stamp - I'm always amazed with creations using this on. rita w

Anna said...

How did I miss this one? Love this! You rock with scraps!

LadybugSue said...

Awesome!!!!
Love it and you are my inspiration to get busy stampin.
Susan K

Michelle said...

BOth cards are awesome! I just adore the colors and all the touches to the second card! I love seeing how you use stamps - it really gets my mojo working! You are very inspiring!

Debra Hensley said...

love them both Barb! You are such an inspiration! Hugs!

Sandy said...

SOOOO pretty!!! Love it - thank you for sharing - I love looking at all your new work

suzann said...

love the image and love the card, great job as usual barb...