4.24.2009

That's so sweet... I think I'm gonna hurl...


Happy Friday!! I want to share an anniversary card that I made for our neighbor across the street. Brian came over last weekend with this tag-shaped card... he said that he had dug around in his wife's (Cheryl) supplies and started to make her a card! How sweet is that?!
{ try to contain upchuck reflex :) }
Anyway, Brian said that he went through a bit of her papers and supplies & tossed them out before he gave up and asked me to finish it for him :) On the inside, Brian had attached a copy of their wedding photo (15 years!) and a typed letter to Cheryl... I didn't read it, but I'm sure it was absolutely sweet! He had matted the black/white photo with an aqua blue cardstock, so that's what I worked with on the outside.

Other: Angelee Ribbon, Turquoise & Tan Scrapper's Floss, Swimming Pool Posies, misc. button & flower, pre-made tag card, foam tape

I really like how it turned out! And here's a tip for getting nice and soft ink edging that I picked up from a fellow Angel, Beverly ... cotton pads that manicurists use! They are flat cotton discs with a mylar-type flap on the back that you can grip... and you don't even get messy fingers (on one hand, anyway!). I used a Sharpie fine tip marker and wrote the name of the ink used and store them in a big ziploc bag... this way I don't mix inks on the pads. AWESOME tool... thanks, Beverly!!

I don't think MY husband would ever try to make me a card... maybe that should be another challenge! LOL! See how many wives can get their hubbies to make a card... I wanna see some posts, ladies!!

What do you think?!
.

13 comments:

AmethystCat said...

you are a hoot! And, that card is GORGEOUS!! Sweet of you to finish it up for your neighbor!

Chris said...

You crack me up - atleast he knew where to turn when he needed a card! Smart man - love your tag!!

Anna said...

The tag turned out so pretty! I love the colors in that paper line! I can't believe your hubby hasn't made you a card! Mine has made a few. Always impresses me when he does!

Patti J. said...

Sigh....My friend Shirley's DH made her a card a year or two ago! That's as close as a creative man gets around my house! lol - great post!

Joani McDonald said...

How cool! Of course when I told hubby about it he said it would never happen in this house...

The card is beautiful!
Hugs,
Joani

Trudy Osborn said...

This is sooo pretty! I love it...but I can't see the photo, am I missing something?

Trudy Osborn said...

This is sooo pretty! I love it...but I can't see the photo, am I missing something?

kssdesigns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kssdesigns said...

Yep, this is oozing with sweetness! I think that would be a great challenge if we could actually get our husbands to do it. Once my husband and son (then 2) stamped wrapping paper for me. Does that count? Maybe if you offer some sort of "candy" (wink) heh heh heh

Sandy said...

The tag is beautiful! My hubby wouldn't stamp ever or my boys.
LOL He says he does feel pressure to find cards for me that have a cool element on them though.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely tag. Colors are beautiful. rita w

Lisadwb said...

Super sweet.
Love the colors.

(My hubby made a card a couple of months ago. My MOJO went missing and he was trying to encourage me.)

Angela K said...

Barb you are so funny! The card is just beautiful!!