7.24.2008

August Stamping Day at my house!!!

Hey, everyone! If you are in the Gardner area, and would like participate, I’m going to try to schedule a stamping day at my house in August. Here’s the deal: I always have problems coming up with ideas on how to use all of those scraps I keep hoarding! So, in order to rid myself of these, and gather inspiration from all of you, I would like to propose a fun, no cost, event! I’m going to have everyone please bring: their own adhesive, tools, card bases and misc. white/cream (whatever!) cardstock for stamping images, and black ink, and then everyone can use my any of my inks, stamps, and most importantly… my scrap paper/cardstock! This will get rid of my scraps, and everyone can create however many cards they want, and it will be strictly a STAMPING FOR FUN DAY! If you would like to bring your own scraps to add to the pile, then by all means do so!! The goal is to ONLY use ‘new’ cardstock for the card base and possibly stamped images… any additional paper or cardstock for accenting, matting, etc. MUST be from scraps!! Sound like fun? I MIGHT even hold a drawing for a new/uncut stamp set from my stash… hmmm… I’ll have to think of some ‘contests’ or stipulations in order for you to get additional chances put in the hat…

I would like to make this an all day event. It would be great to start around 10am, have everyone bring a side dish and/or snack to share, and wrap it all up around, what, 6 or 7pm? What do you guys think? I would like your input on the date.

Dates that are open right now: August 16, 17, 23, and 24 (Saturdays & Sundays). The date with the most votes, wins!! Please let me know via email by August 1st what date you would prefer. I will tally votes and send out an email confirming the exact date on the 2nd or 3rd.


Now for a little eye candy. This is another card I did for a Winger Design Team submission: Fanciful Mother’s Day kickstand card.

Supplies:
1. Trendy Greetings (T-2144)
2. Fanciful Flowers (T-2283)
3. Bazzill Blossom [sizes: 4-1/4” x 7-1/2” card base & 3”x4”]
4. DCWV green [size: 3-1/4” x 4-1/4” mat]
5. Country Cottage Paper (retired) yellow [size: 1-1/4” x 3-1/2”]
6. Belle Rose, Boudior Blush, Chartruese, & Paris Lights Palette pads
7. Crystal Laquer
8. Hydra Sponge
9. 12” misc. pink ribbon
10. three misc. pink eyelets
11. scallop scissors
12. small circle punch or ticket corner punch

3 comments:

BarbL said...

Love the card! I never think about stamping on colored cardstock. (Shame on me!) I love that set too! Wish it hadn't retired!
Thanks for sharing!
Barb L. (AH#1)

Rebecca said...

MMmmmmmmm... the pink/green color combo is just yummy!

Angela K said...

Wish I could come and play too!