2.18.2010

Vintage Granny...

A fellow Angel demo was kind enough to stamp a few of these images for me... they're kinda fun... really tall with super skinny legs.  They make me smile :)

This is a little on the vintage side, right?  I think the muted colors of the Angelee papers are perfect for this style.  Not to mention the subtle watercoloring of the image.

I also dug into my fabric stash again... but THIS little crocheted flower was not done by Mama... I can't remember the company name, but my buddy picked it up at a scrapbook store.

The stick pins were purchased from the SEI booth at CKC this past October... they had some AWESOME deals going on!  I got one each of all of their stick pins... too cute.

Stamps:  Hear the Angels
Paper:  Angelee SWIC, Angelee & White UltraSmooth cardsstocks
Ink:  Toile Pink & Noir Palettes
Colorant:  Aquacolor crayons w/ Niji waterbrush
Other:  glitter gel pen, Lavender Scrapper's Floss, Icicle Stickles, misc. trim, button & crocheted flower

What do you think?

9 comments:

Sandy said...

This one is really sweet Barb! I love the flower!
I would love to make some. I will have to try to find a pattern.

AmethystCat said...

how fun! love all the extra goodies you added!

Jen Carter said...

How cute! I like those glittery wings and the flower too!

Michelle said...

Very cute! Love the colors, flower and especially the stick pins :)

Angela K said...

So sweet! I too love these angels!

Percy said...

Sweet and cute, I like the pins on it too...it 'finishes' the card! Lovely!

Lisadwb said...

LOL, Love your "granny"!! The colors are so pretty. Lovin' the flower and the pins!!

Unknown said...

Barb,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment!

I saw your crocheted flowers and can knit those by the dozen, in every size imaginable! If you ever need a few don't hesitate to yell and I'll send you some!!

Also, I can give anyone the crochet or knitting pattern if they are searching and would like to make their own!! Just let me know! I can even post them on my knitting sites!!

Hugs, Kymberly

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hey Barb!! Cute card and definitely a vintage feel here! I love it. I love how instead of ribbon you tore fabric!! And I love the crochet flower as well! I keep saying I'm gonna learn to do this. I got as far as buying the crochet needle and thread. Hmmm ... I'm wondering if there is a u-tube tutorial?? Thanks for the inspiration!! I'm off to google it!