12.21.2009

Holiday decor...


Just thought I'd share a few shots of the living room, decked out in it's holiday wares :)


These photos do not EVEN do the tree justice... it is so much prettier in person.  It's a 9' pre-lit tree... and there are actually enough lights on it :)  Usually, the pre-lit ones just don't have enough.  Having the lights already done saved me at least a half a day in decorating.


This is one of my favorite ornaments... square & orange... me likey.  My colors for winter decorating are:  copper, purple, violet, sage, lime & just a bit o' orange.  No traditional green, red & gold for me!  No sir-ree!  I do have a few ornies that do not fit into the scheme, but MUST be on the tree... you have to look hard for them :)


One is an old clothespin reindeer with googlie eyes, pom pom nose & felt ivy that I made when I was in either 2nd or 5th grade... can't remember.  I can't believe none of the elements have fallen off yet... gotta love Elmer's glue, right?!


I finally paired down all of my winter holiday decorations!  I didn't do any garland & lights around the half walls & banister this year, and Igor isn't decorated either.  I LOVE how I've got the Halloween & Christmas-y stuff mixed together... very... ummmm... me :)  AND, I went from six of those gi-freakin-normous storage tubs down to three!



Tomorrow, I'll have a sneekie peekie card for you... remember... the new Serendipity Magalogue will be coming soon!

What do you think?
.

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful decorations Barbie doll! Love your house!!! Do you hire out for decorating??? lol... it's a never-ending job! Am baking today - the kids come in tomorrow night, so I'll bake today, clean tomorrow! Hugs, and have a wonderful Christmas if I don't talk to you again before then!

Danni said...

Love seeing your decorations since we didn't do much this year. Very pretty!

Anna said...

Beautiful tree, Barb.Love how you have the Halloween stuff out with them too!

LadybugSue said...

Very loverly!!

Angela K said...

Beautiful tree! Love all the Halloween touches mixed in!