5.23.2009

Snailing by to say hi...

How about a little scrappy card today? I've had scraps of Mimi paper & cardstock at my desk for about a month now, and I'm one card closer to a clean worktable {well... sorta :) } Speaking of Mimi... I have it on good authority that there will be DOUBLE SIDED MIMI paper in the new catalogue! I am so excited, I can hardly wait for the end of June for Seminar!

Stamps: Criss Cross (Hostess Level A), misc. TAC sentiment
Have I told you lately how much I love my Mini-Kai scissors? They are perfect for cutting & paper piecing small images... that snail is less than 3/4" wide! I DID lop off his 'feelers' or whatever they are... NO WAY was I gonna cut around those dudes. I mean, I am a little OCD about some stuff, but I'm drawing the line :) I gave him a nice coat of laquer to make him shine after popping him up on foam tape.

What do you think?

14 comments:

LadybugSue said...

So creative with scraps!! Way to go! Love it especially the snail.

Debra Hensley said...

Barb you are amazing once again- what you do with scraps is pure art. Love this card!!!

Chris said...

That paper and Lilly Anna, oh and Hemingway and Winchester...okay, lots of them are my favorite! :) I totally LOVE this card!! Scraps never looked better, IMHO!

AmethystCat said...

love, love, love this!!! all the layers and textures and fabulosity - fantastic!

Chelsea said...

gorgeous! love the 3D effect of all of your details!

Anonymous said...

Barb - you do wonders with anything that you touch. Such an adorable card from scraps! rita w

Kim said...

I agree with all of the above... Your stuff ROCKS!!!

Anna said...

Dude, did I read that right?! Double sided?! I think I would flip if I saw that! Lovely card! And I like the one below it too!

Michelle said...

YOU are the QUEEN of Scraps!!! I LOVE this card and all it's little touches - you add just the right about of stuff. TOO COOL!!!

Sarah said...

I'm loving this card!! It's so full and colorful.

KellyRae said...

Gorgee-us card. Love how you take scraps and continue to wow us with your layering and layout and embraceable bows!

Trudy Osborn said...

Now here is some snail mail that I would LOVE to receive in my mailbox! Great card

LORi said...

Super Duper!!!

Belyona said...

Your cards are magnificent!