How's that for an attention grabbing title?! Tonight I'm going to share my St. Patty's Day cards from last year's Paper Wings Winger Design Team assignment.
***Edited to add: I just went back and checked and I've already posted these before, but it took forever to link up everything, so I'm posting it anyway!! Sorry, guys... I'll have something new next time!! That will teach me to check BEFORE I start... duh.
The Shamrock Cheers card was done with heat-embossing resist:
1. Stamp ‘cheers’ from Tag Tidbits on small piece of White UltraSmooth using Burnt Sienna Palette and sponge edges w/ Jardin Moss & Burnt Sienna inks. Set copper eyelet and set aside.
2. Sketch and cut out shamrock shape from DCWV Flora-2 and sand edges of shamrock & 5” x 3-1/2” card base with sanding block.
3. Stamp image from Flourishes on card base with VersaMark. Sprinkle clear embossing powder & tap off excess and heat with heat tool until glossy.
4. Using VersaMark pad as a ‘stamp’, graze over shamrock… just hitting high points of texture. Sprinkle clear embossing powder & tap off excess and heat with heat tool until glossy.
5. Using Walnut Ink spray, mist over card base, shamrock, and shamrock stem. Let set for a few seconds and wipe off excess with paper towel. Repeat process until desired shade is achieved.
6. Criss-cross-wrap & tie ribbon in pretty knot around center of shamrock. Glue stem onto card base as shown… trim as required. Pop dot shamrock onto card base.
7. Attach ‘cheers’ tag to ribbon knot with safety pin and trim ribbon ends.
The Wanna Get Lucky card is just a little play on words for your hubby, or boyfriend or both [wink wink] ;)
1. Stamp ‘Happy St. Patrick’s Day’ from Trendy Greetings on White UltraSmooth using Violette Palette ink and set aside.
2. Using heart image from Love Doodles & Jardin Moss Palette ink, stamp four hearts to create clover in upper right hand corner of another piece of White UltraSmooth. Use small dauber, sponge or q-tip to shade in part of clover ‘leaves’ with Jardin Moss ink.
3. Using flourish from Curls & Swirls & Jardin Moss ink, stamp flourish to create clover stem.
4. Using small alpha (retired TAC alpha) and Violette ink, stamp sentiment, curling around previously stamped images as shown.
1/2" circle punch, create ticket corners on both pieces of white & violet cardstocks.
6. Using Jardin Moss ink, sponge edges of White UltraSmooth. Layer on top of violet DCWV cardstock and attach to DCWV Flora-2 card base as shown. Pop dot sentiment to give dimension.
7. Tie ribbons around top of card.
8. Apply small dots of Lavender Stickles at ticket corners, flourish, and sentiment as shown.
What do you think?