12.23.2008

Random thought for today...

Hello again, my friends... I say friends as if I know you, as if we hang out on weekends and go shopping... why do I do that? For all I know, you could be a crazed raving lunatic [ hi, and welcome :) ], or worse yet... completely normal and boring, without an ounce of dysfunctionality [is that even a word?]. Scary.

I bring up dysfunction because it is, after all, the holiday season when most of us get together with our immediate and, sometimes, extended families. I have never met anyone without some kind of craziness somewhere down (or up?) the family tree. What's funny, is that since most everyone comes from some sort of dysfunctional family, should it really be deemed dysfunctional... wouldn't that just make it 'normal'? Wouldn't those that lead perfect lives be out of the norm?

Yes, people... it is questions like these about which I think. Shall we instead move on to some fun stuff? Since Christmas is a mere two days away, I'd better get in the last of the Holiday cards quickly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Have a wonderful holiday, wacky relatives or not!!!

Lisadwb said...

Why does the word one have a "w" sound but no W, and two has a w but no "w" sound?
I keep my DH awake at nights with these questions. LOL

Ooooppps, I think I just proved I am a Crazed raving lunatic......