12.16.2008

A couple of quickies ;)

First off, the photos are horrible again... I wish Santa would bring me a light tent set up for Christmas!!

I needed an extra DOZEN Christmas cards in a flash for the Young Shriner's Christmas party tonight! So, here are two VERY QUICK AND EASY cards that take hardly any time at all!

I had purchased these red MM pre-made card bases about a year or two ago (yes, sick, I know). They already had a window punched in the front, and they included the white interior cardstock sheets as well.

I traced the window onto the white so I would know what would show through. I then stamped the snowman angel in the corner, so just part of him was peeking through the window. I stamped scrap piece and cut it out to use as a mask. I placed the mask over the angel and stamped the red square sentiment.




I stamped the front sentiment in VersaMark, and stamped the tree in Jardin Moss. I went over the angel wings, halo, star, and snowflake w/ a glitter pen. DONE!




Stamps: Ready Set Snow (sentiment), Sweet Goodies (square), Simply Christmas (tree), I Love Snowmen (retired)
Ink: VersaMark, Jardin Moss & L'Amore Red Palettes
Other: Stardust Clear Glitter Pen

I repeated this card in a smaller version. I reached for some pre-made, green tag-shaped card bases that I had in my stash. I punched a window off to the side w/ a Marvy Mega Square Punch and repeated all of the steps from above except for the VersaMark part.

Instead, I picked up my Swirlies set and used the corner image. LOVE it. I finished addressing the envelopes today and they are ready to hand out tonight or mail off to those who don't make it to the party [it is snowing a ton here today, and I'm thinking a bunch will be cancelling party plans!].

Not my absolute best work, but ok for a quickie.


What do you think?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

These came out so spectacular! Very beautiful!

Chris said...

I love quickies!! These are great...I love how you masked the snowman, that makes it extra special.

Suzanne said...

These are great. I like them a lot. Thanks for the cute Christmas card that you sent me!

Diana said...

I LOVE them!! they are perfect cards to do quick!! you did an awesome work here!!

THANKS! bunches for the card you sent me!! I love the technique you use!

Love,
Diana

nic_d said...

Great job! I love the snowman paired with the square image.

Lisadwb said...

SO cute. That little snowman is darling!!

AmethystCat said...

I say GREAT!!! wow - your "not best work" is fantastic! great job!

Anonymous said...

These are great for in a hurry!

Christina

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards. rita w

Anonymous said...

LOVE that little snowman angel peeking out from the window (and masking him for the rest of the message is just perfect). The colors are great.