9.26.2008

Boo Tri-fold paper bag tutorial... and a challenge!!

This month, it was my turn to teach a make-n-take for the Gardner Stamp Club that meets at the library. Patti wanted to do the Fold Over Treat Envelope that is in the back of the TAC catty [though she doesn't remember saying that... silly Patti!], so I chose to do a Christmas version. It's a wonderful little project that I'll be sharing with you in another post, but I needed the back-story for this post.
[can I get any wordier?... like you care about the back-story...]
Anyhoo, the treat envie only uses the top portion of a lunch sack, so I had a ton of these 'bag butts' left over and they really wanted to become something wonderful.
[wouldn't you want to if you were referred to as a butt?]... I digress...

Here's how I created my Boo Tri-fold Bag Card:
I lightly stippled Burnt Umber Palette ink around all of the edges and distressed the edges of the cardstock & DP (except for the inside piece, which I fixed on another one that I made!). I also stamped the paint splotches from So Splattered (retired) using B.U. I stamped the house image from Halloween Town in Coffee Bean Brilliance onto a square of green Penelope cardstock & sponged the edges w/ Hydrangea & Eggplant VersaMagic inks. I added a little color pencil to the windows & door and I then spritzed the square with Olive Glimmer Mist... OMG... freakin' awesome stuff! My friend, Cindy, had given me this for Christmas last year and I just now used it... WTH? None of the photos capture the true awesomeness of this stuff... you'll just have to trust me ;)... I sped up the drying time with my heat gun (so impatient) and then edged the window panes, part of the roof & tree, and the birds w/ a Stardust Glitter Pen (you know, to look like the moon is shining on it). Added a chipboard tag from TAC's Essential Elements, after grunging it up a bit & stamping the Boo!, with some Scrapper's Floss & tied it to some purple ribbon I had in my stash.

Inside, I stamped the skull from Halloween Town, in the same two purple VersaMagic colors above, onto the green Penelope cardstock and then layered it (sorta) onto an orange Penelope CS. Highlighted a bit with the glitter pen again!
And then on the VERY inside, glued a piece of Penelope DP to span across a fold and stamped the sentiment (retired: Boo Bash) at the bottom.

I had a fun time with this... no need to be pristine or perfect with it... the grungier the better!

What do you think?! Me likey... again!

Hey! Let's do another challenge!!
I want to see some butts... paper bag butts that is! ;) Your mission is to create something with a paper lunch bag butt... do you accept? Leave a comment and link it up!!!!
I've had a few people ask how big my bag butt is... the other project required 4-1/4" to be cut off the top of the sack, so mine is whatever is leftover from that!

11 comments:

Beverly said...

Barb, you can count my "butt" in for the challenge! Love this...as I do ALL your stuff! Well, I need to go add ANOTHER stamp set to my order! LOL! T T F N~B

Chaffin Channel said...

All I can say is...

"I like big butts and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny..."

In otherwords, I accept your challenge.

Barb said...

OMG... Cindy, you CRACK me up!! I'm just glad I wasn't drinking anything that would then be spewed all over the keyboard from laughing out loud.

Guess what song (& video) will be stuck in my head all day?!

Suzanne said...

I can never resist a good challenge. I'll post back when it's finished. Love your work.

Toni said...

That looks pretty neat. I'm not sure I have time for a challenge right now. Just getting swaps done for the groups I'm in and holiday cards done is a big enough challenge, plus I bought a boat load of new stamps last weekend that I want to play with! Eventually I'll get to try playing with a butt!

Beverly said...

"...when a girl walks in with a itty-bitty waist & a round thing in your face ...." Sorry, I couldn't resist!!

Chaffin Channel said...

Thanks Barb. I'm glad I could give you a giggle.

But, you know, I can't take all the credit. I give props to Sir Mix-a-Lot for the ingenious poem - I merely bring his words to life. It's my little contribution to the rap world.

It's how I roll...

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my...your work gets greater by the day! Love the spooky color palette here!

shannon said...

Your butt is awesome!

kssdesigns said...

Another awesome project! You really have a way with ink!

nic_d said...

Sorry, can't get my butt in gear lately, but I do love your project here. You are the ultimate in Halloween design. You go, girl!