5.19.2013

Tiddly Inks Challenge #110

I actually played along with a challenge!
Tiddly Inks' current challenge is to "use a Wryn"... and the Wryns happen to be my favorite line of Christy's images!  So, without further ado:


I used the "Wryn New Nest" image... isn't it adorable?  I know, I know... where is the creepiness, Barb?  I told you I've been mojo-less lately, and this image was springy and upbeat, so I decided to forgo the macabre this time around :)


Patterned papers:  My Mind's Eye
Grass punch:  Martha Stewart
Die:  Square Nestabilities

Main Copic colors:
skin:  E11, 00, 000, R20 cheeks
hair:  YR23, Y26, 23, 21
pink:  R85, 83, 81
tree:  E57, 53, 51


Yes, I DID fussy-cut the image!
I also drew in the higher branch of the tree to give a little more height to the image.
And yes, pop dots are my friends :)

What do you think?

8 comments:

Lisa T said...

Barb this is adorable! And as great as your macabre cards are, you can rock any kind of card and it was nice to see something so cute and cheery. :)
Now, I do expect your next card to have some blood or skeletons or something dark and eery on it...LOL!

Chelsea said...

This is really cute!!! Odd for you. :)

Patti J said...

What fun seeing you post here tonight, and I love your cheerful card! Cuteness! Hope you are well!

Loopylou. said...

swooooon omg thats just amazing!! I think I absolutely love it...no wait...I KNOW I absolutely love it!!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the TI challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Unknown said...

OH wow! I really like this card. The entire scene is just amazing! I'm so glad you joined us this fortnight at Tiddly Inks Barb, it really is a fabulous card!

Jeanne Streiff said...

Adorable! Love your 3-D scene! Thanks for playing the Tiddly Inks Challenge!

Katie said...

This is so awesome! I love the layers with the pop dots- it's the perfect scene :) Thanks so much for joining us at TIddly Inks!

ccroll said...

Hey Barb!!! Glad you are back!! And this is just adorable and so clever with the tree and grass.. No creepiness, but still awesome!!
Xoxo
Chrity